The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Shannon's Haymarket Vetiver (1)
  • TSC 2nd Anniversary synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (3)
  • Razorock Plague Doctor
7E3296AE-0044-4684-9B61-9F0312D1A50A_1_201_a.jpeg

I've been thinking about this shave all day, ever since smelling the soap this morning. After dampening my brush, I instantly whipped up a thick, creamy lather that smells unbelievably good: a mixture of lemon and diesel/gunsmoke/campfire. That's what I get. Here's how Shannon describes it:

"Earthy, gritty, like one of Cleveland's original districts. With notes of vetiver, citrus, and oakmoss -- an all essential oil original blend."

It may sound weird, but believe me it works. If you haven't tried Shannon's Soaps yet, you owe to yourself to get a tub, or at least a sample of her product. The lather is all you could ask for, and her scents are out of this world and last a good long while. All of her bases are extraordinary, whether original or goat's milk. I am a big fan of her products. She has AS too, though I've yet to try one. A great smelling BBS shave tonight.

I dunno Bruce, I'll have to leave that one to you. I tried a bunch of Shannon's soaps and couldn't get down with more than one of the scents.

That is another soap that seems to fly under the radar for the most part, but always seems to have positive reviews when brought up.

That is another soap that seems to fly under the radar for the most part, but always seems to have positive reviews when brought up.
I've noticed the same thing. I was given a sample of her Lavender Lemongrass, loved it, and have never been without at least one of her soaps since. It is in my top three, which I rate equally: CBL, LNHC, and Shannon's. All excellent performers with great scents. For me, performance is key, and these three always deliver.

• Shannon's Haymarket Vetiver (2)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
  • Razorock Plague Doctor
Very satisfying BBS shave this morning. I can't think of a soap that's easier to bring to a perfect lather than Shannon's. It's ridiculously simple, and this flavor is becoming a favorite. Let's have a great weekend, Cadre!

• Shannon's Haymarket Vetiver (3)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (5)
  • Razorock Plague Doctor
BBS. Man, I love this soap. Ridiculously simple to get a rich, creamy lather.

I'm getting a little stir crazy around the house. Last night I stayed up till 1a.m. watching the Red Sox beat the Yankees in game 4 of the 2004 ALCS. I have it on disc, but I watched the broadcast on MLB Network. I may begin to re-watch the 2018 World Series today. Well, the four games that matter, that is. I've been in Pittsburgh 40 years now and am a diehard Steelers and Penguins fan, but the Red Sox and Celtics are two teams I'll always pull for. Childhood loyalties remain strong. Have a great day, Cadre!

S
  • Shannon's Haymarket Vetiver (4)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
  • Razorock Plague Doctor
Enjoyed a DFS+ this morning.
A lot of my shaves are like that, everything falls into place and it's just a darned good experience.

Back