The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Gotta get the EdP ;)
I'm funny that way. I don't generally wear colognes due to my wife's strong reactions to it: uncontrolled wheezing and sometimes bronchospasms. However, the longer lasting AS don't affect her terribly much. She's usually asleep by the time I leave the house in the morning, and I use splashes sparingly in the evening now that I'm shaving before bedtime. I'll reapply the splash in the morning most days, unless I forget.
The Eau de Pee-Yew!
Don, I'm sensing you favor other aromas.

• LNHC Haute Leather (8)
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (10)
  • Plague Doctor splash
Another great shave with this setup. PD splash is growing on me. Very pleasant and subtle. I'm enjoying it immensely. Quiet day at work as preparations are nearly as ready as is possible. We'll see what happens here; it's possible we won't get swamped, but too early to tell. At least traffic around town is light, to make the best of a grim situation. Wash your hands, Cadre, and stay safe!

That's the question isn't it? As a superstitious nurse, I always prepared for the worst case scenario, and it usually didn't play out. But woe to the unprepared nurse, because disaster would surely visit them!
Our VP stopped by yesterday and mentioned someone had written about H1N1 that the price paid for being under prepared is much larger than being over prepared.

• LNHC Haute Leather (9)
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (11)
  • Plague Doctor splash
Very satisfying BBS shave this morning. After not shaving for 3.5 days, I feel normal again. Wednesday afternoon at work I had an attack of vertigo like nothing I've experienced before. The room was spinning violently, like an ever-shifting kaleidoscope. It caused me such strong nausea that I emptied the contents of my stomach into a wastebasket. Eventually I called for help and was taken to the ER and admitted. I spent Wednesday evening through Friday afternoon undergoing various tests and exams. Turns out they settled on an inflamed cranial nerve #8, which controls balance signals to and from the brain. The only effective treatment is to wait for the nerve to quiet down. Much better now than Wednesday and Thursday; I'm only seeing mostly double today, which isn't as good as last night. I guess it'll wax and wane till the inflammation is gone. Multiple causes for this, but the docs feel I had an underlying low-level cold that left this particular nerve annoyed with me. For the time being, I am back to square one, using a walker to navigate my home's first floor. Am safe on stairs though. Can't read a book or enjoy TV right now.
I'll post from time to time, but will likely lurk more often for a bit, till this passes.
Have a great day, Cadre! :)

Bruce, I second that that would be pretty unnerving( pun intended 😜) out of the blue. Sorry you went through that but glad you're okay and on the mend.

Back