The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• CBL-T SIR Fougere (13)
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Blackland Vector/Feather ProGuard (8)
  • GTB splash
Late evening shave after a productive day roasting coffee. No matter the time of day, I enjoy being cleanshaven. Very much enjoying GTB splash, though it is short lived. I'll use some more in the morning so I start the day smelling good.

Hope you got some good batches turned out!
Today I did three roasts. Top rectangular containers are Costa Rican. The photo makes them appear the same, but the left is slightly darker. They are close, and I'll probably put the two 1/2 lbs together. In the round container: Brazilian lb was one even roast. I'll grind and drink some Brazilian tomorrow.

Will have to wait till this evening to try the Feather Pro. Last night I was helping my son brainstorm ideas for a college writing assignment, so I didn't shave then. Stayed up late doing that, and slept through first alarm, which robbed me of shave time. :( I'll be a little scruffy at work today, but I prefer that to a Gillette Guard/hand soap stunt shave. If I had to meet with someone important today, I probably would go the Guard route, but fortunately I do not. Instead, I'll look forward to whacking these whiskers tonight.

Last night's shave:
  • BL-T SIR Fougere (15)
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Blackland Vector/Feather Pro (1)
  • GTB splash
First shave with a new blade. Feathers and Schicks continue to outshine the Kais. Met a couple of amazing people last night at the cancer outreach center. Two women in the early stages of treatment. Very humbling to be in the presence of such courage.

Back