The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

If it helps in the future, I saw Rambo heat up the tip of his knife and use it to cauterize a wound. Seems pretty effective.

Remember chicks dig scars.
Shaving mishap.....or that time in Juarez that you took on 3 banditos To defend the honor of a damsel in distress?

If it helps in the future, I saw Rambo heat up the tip of his knife and use it to cauterize a wound. Seems pretty effective.
Thanks, Dave. I do think cautery is best used while anesthetized, but then again, I'm wimpy that way.

Remember chicks dig scars.
Shaving mishap.....or that time in Juarez that you took on 3 banditos To defend the honor of a damsel in distress?
Well, there was that time my face got into an argument with my windshield (Windshield 1, Face 0).

• CBL-T SIR Fougere (19)
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Feather Soft Guard (1)
  • GTB splash
Great, comfortable shave tonight without bloodshed. Lately, I have a very low bar for success. Very comfortable shave, it'd be BBS except for around my neck wound. Ordered Schick Prolines today.

• CBL-T SIR Fougere (20)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Feather Soft Guard (2)
  • GTB splash
This blade is a keeper. Three blades I like: Schick Proline, Feather ProGuard, and Feather Soft Guard. All have delivered comfortable BBS shaves. I may be looking at purchasing all three, though with 30 Schicks en route, I won't need to buy Feathers for awhile. Kais are dead to me. In other shave news, my gouge of the other day is healing nicely and no longer needs a bandage.

Work is work, and life is life. Walking a bit faster and more confidently than a couple of months ago. It's all good. :)

• CBL-T SIR Fougere (24)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Feather Soft Guard (6)
  • GTB splash
First BBS in days. Was able to thoroughly shave over my recent neck wound.

Elsewhere, Sheri & I visited my son and DIL and their puppy Odin. He looks like a Pit Bull, but is a Staffordshire Terrier. At about 4 months, he weighs roughly 50 lbs. Here is Brian holding him. He's a very sweet, friendly boy, about half grown, perhaps.
4383229E-9C07-4C9C-A80C-713A3F256667.jpeg
2EFF0343-EC10-45E4-BFBF-763C4046414E.jpeg

Back