The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Just an observation @NurseDave . My given name is Kenneth.
Fluffy is the name issued to me circa 1997 by the International Association of Nicknames.
You guys (Daves) here are numerous.
There are two "Kenny's" In my the crew at work.
So Fluffy is me and "Lips" is his nickname.

Just an observation @NurseDave . My given name is Kenneth.
Fluffy is the name issued to me circa 1997 by the International Association of Nicknames.
You guys (Daves) here are numerous.
There are two "Kenny's" In my the crew at work.
So Fluffy is me and "Lips" is his nickname.
Mine was just an offer ;)

Since posting about yesterday morning's shave it occurred to me to document it with pictures.

The Razor - Gillette Guard
Guard.jpg

The Soap - Ecolab
soap.jpg
The Lather
foam.jpg

The razor was an Amazon purchase which was set aside months ago. It proved its worth by delivering a CCS. Ecolab soap comes in this large handy dispenser which can be mounted on the bathroom wall for your shaving experience. The lather is rather airy and required a second application before shaving. Glide was adequate, but cushion needs work. Post-shave feel was dry, owing to the near absence of skin food. In spite of my penchant for 3017ing software, I do not expect to revisit this product anytime soon.

All in all, this setup delivered an adequate shave to be presentable at work, but not much else. I like the razor, but not the soap. YMMV.

Last night's shave:
  • CBL-T SIR Fougere (11)
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Blackland Vector/Feather ProGuard (6)
  • GTB splash
Whiskers magically reappeared early yesterday evening. In spite of shaving in the morning, I chose to shave again in the evening to save time in the morning. BBS with excellent postshave feel from the CBL-T. Love the lather from this soap - it checks all the boxes for cushion, glide, postshave feel. Add to that the fact that I love the smell, it is a keeper. Its longevity is a bonus. (y)

Since posting about yesterday morning's shave it occurred to me to document it with pictures.

The Razor - Gillette Guard
View attachment 17007

The Soap - Ecolab
View attachment 17010
The Lather
View attachment 17011

The razor was an Amazon purchase which was set aside months ago. It proved its worth by delivering a CCS. Ecolab soap comes in this large handy dispenser which can be mounted on the bathroom wall for your shaving experience. The lather is rather airy and required a second application before shaving. Glide was adequate, but cushion needs work. Post-shave feel was dry, owing to the near absence of skin food. In spite of my penchant for 3017ing software, I do not expect to revisit this product anytime soon.

All in all, this setup delivered an adequate shave to be presentable at work, but not much else. I like the razor, but not the soap. YMMV.
But your face was Microbial free all day long I presume!

Last night's shave:
  • CBL-T SIR Fougere (11)
  • Blackland Vector/Feather ProGuard (6)
  • GTB splash
Whiskers magically reappeared early yesterday evening. In spite of shaving in the morning, I chose to shave again in the evening to save time in the morning. BBS with excellent postshave feel from the CBL-T. Love the lather from this soap - it checks all the boxes for cushion, glide, postshave feel. Add to that the fact that I love the smell, it is a keeper. Its longevity is a bonus. (y)

Had to be better than the previous shave by leaps and bounds!

But your face was Microbial free all day long I presume!

Had to be better than the previous shave by leaps and bounds!
Yes, it was refreshing to be microbial free. Today the microbes are out in full force again (but not on my freshly-washed hands).
The second shave was certainly an improvement over the first! The Gillette Guard is back in the drawer where it belongs. Really not a bad single edge razor, though, with replaceable cartridges.

Last night:
  • CBL-T SIR Fougere (12)
  • Blackland Vector/Feather ProGuard (7)
  • GTB splash
Good to be back on track with evening shaves. I was reluctant to shave the night before work, I mean, who wants to spend hours of cleanshaven time asleep? In the past month or so I have slept right through my first alarm 3 or 4 times, leaving me to scramble to get out the door in the morning. The Vector, with its extra close shaves, buys me a few hours of being cleanly shaved, with those extra hours spent at work. So it's all good. Happy Friday, Cadre. Enjoy your shaves!

Back