The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Last night's shave:
  • CBL-T Sir Fougere (6)
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Blackland Vector/Kai Captain Original (4)
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
Only WTG and XTG again. It worked yesterday so I did it again. I am done with this blade. Kai blades simply do not like me. Finished up the AS; not sure which I'll use next.

Elsewhere... The kitten we rescued from the wild got spayed and microchipped yesterday. I'm thinking of changing her name from "Penny" to "$363", but my wife and son won't hear of it. The little girl, who has fully adapted to her new life, is doing fine. :giggle:

• CBL-T Sir Fougere (8)
  • Blackland Vector/Feather ProGuard (3)
  • GTB splash
I was a little aggressive in a couple of spots, and was rewarded with irritation. Meh. I'm enjoying the GTB refreshing scent and skin conditioning. Quality stuff. Got the best lather so far from CBL-T: those extra drops of water made a difference.

I'm supposed to begin the colonoscopy prep tomorrow, but I started today with an effective personal concoction to get going, so to speak. I'll spare you all details, and NO, there will not be photos.

Glad you got a clean bill of health earlier in the week. Sorry about the roto-rooter job coming up. Hopefully they won't find anything alarming.

As much as I'd like to be cleanshaven right now, I'm holding off till tonight for the Big Day tomorrow. Just another day pounding fluids and staying close to the bathroom.

All done, no polyps, so no repeat for 5 years. :giggle: Eating real food again!

Last night's shave was near BBS. This is a good combo. So far, Schick and Feather ProGuard give me great shaves, nearly equally. Too early to call it, though I'd be comfortable having both blades on hand.

• CBL-T Sir Fougere (9)
  • Blackland Vector/Feather ProGuard (4)
  • GTB splash

Back