The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

That was quick on the LNHC Gentleman's Lavender. Have you tried other blades with the Vector? I know the consensus choice is the Schick Proline, but they are not easy to get sometimes and not the cheapest either.

• LNHC Gentleman's Lavender
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Blackland Vector/Kai Captain Titan mild (#1)
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
First shave with a new blade. Too soon to accurately compare it to the Schick Proline. BBS from a comfortable shave.

I have some blades from the pass-box...are Kais the ones individually wrapped?
Don't know. Mine was in a TryaBlade's sampler.

• LNHC Gentleman's Lavender
  • Blackland Vector/Kai Captain Titan mild (#2)
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
I've switched to shaving the evening before work. Gives me more time in the morning to enjoy breakfast.

more time for breakfast would be a good thing, me thinks. So I will have to give some thought to shaving before bed. My day is long at work, and having to wear a tie means my neck can get irritated at times if the collar catches on stubble too much. At least that is what I remember from cartridge shaves that were never as close as DE. Anyhow, good breakfast to you!!

• CBL-T Sir Fougere
  • Blackland Vector/Kai Captain Titan mild (#4)
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
A nice shave with a little irritation from buffing a couple of stubborn areas. What can I say about the soap? Easy to bring up a rich, dense lather, cushion and glide were there, and post shave feel is excellent. The scent reminds me of what a shaving soap is supposed to smell like. I was buffing because this blade isn't as sharp as the Schick Proline. I got BBS, but it took work and left its mark.
DE9D6D66-64E2-4D70-BB5C-B928429288DC_1_201_a.jpeg

Back