The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

6D1A41EE-4A46-408B-9AAD-168A3B589192_1_201_a.jpeg

• CBL-T Sir Fougere
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Blackland Vector/Kai Captain Original (#1)
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
Originals are sharper than the milds. I must have leaned into the razor this morning, as I have widespread irritation. Not a good first outing for the blade, but I'm responsible for that. I'll heal before tomorrow night's shave. Have a great Saturday, Cadre.

Some kids just need to prove things for themselves. You let us know when you decide the Schick is the best blade for the Vector. :LOL:
The Schick may win, but I'm going through the sampler regardless. Just have got to be more careful than this morning.
Don't mind these kids Bruce, you may find one that is better for you :cool:
We shall see.
Oh no! Shave nirvana streak broken! Hope the irritation clears up quickly!
No broken streaks. I'll shave tomorrow, probably at halftime.

Last edited:
  • CBL-T Sir Fougere (5)
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Blackland Vector/Kai Captain Original (3)
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
Opted to not shave ATG on the irritated areas. Went well, but seems incomplete. We'll see how it is by the end of tomorrow's work day.

Had an appointment with my PCP this morning. Routine followup. I have a clean bill of health, and a happy doctor. My gait continues to improve as my legs grow stronger. She commented that if she hadn't first seen me in a wheelchair 1+ years ago, she never would have suspected I needed one back then. Life is good, Cadre!

Back