The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• CBL Carnation
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#6)
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
Dang, do I smell good. Loving the Fine Fresh Vetiver. Starting the morning with the bright, fresh smell of CBL Carnation is invigorating, and topping it off with the manly yet sensitive aroma of FFV carries me through the work day with a smile on my face and spring in my step. Let's all enjoy this Friday, Cadre.

• CBL Cowgirl
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#1)
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
Cowgirl is predominantly leather, with lavender blended in to soften it. If you want a leather-scented soap, this is a good choice. Performance is, as usual, perfect, leaving my skin nourished and soft, ready for the AS, whose aroma works very nicely with the soap. @CBLindsay recommended this soap to me, and he was right - I love it.

No shave today - water's shut off to the neighborhood while a water main break gets fixed. The GTB smells great, but a better match would be the Sherlock. I'm going to stick with Fine Fresh Vetiver till it's gone - I get confused if I have more than one splash or soap going at once. ;)

No shave today - water's shut off to the neighborhood while a water main break gets fixed. The GTB smells great, but a better match would be the Sherlock. I'm going to stick with Fine Fresh Vetiver till it's gone - I get confused if I have more than one splash or soap going at once. ;)
The pipes burst with excitement in anticipation of this mornings shave! They just could contain themselves!

Back