The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

I love the Fine aftershaves, but using just those in winter would leave my face looking like shedding snakeskin.

I love the Fine aftershaves, but using just those in winter would leave my face looking like shedding snakeskin.
I'll see how my face and neck react. My skin is slightly oily, so my experience may differ. The science shall reveal the answer.

Lately I've exhibited little self control when it comes to buying soaps and splashes. With Black Friday and Christmas specials, I've been powerless to resist the Sirens' song of frugality. My splash collection has exploded to seven bottles! I'm ready for the Splashocalypse.
FAA75F3E-54F5-45ED-8229-8F541F22B897_1_201_a.jpeg

Cadre, I am officially out of control.

• CBL Carnation
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#4)
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
  • EDC Canoe
Though not an exact match, I like the way vetiver and Canoe complement each other. Happy Wednesday, Cadre!

I haven't sniffed Canoe in a very long time. I liked it when I was younger. Has the scent changed over the years? What exactly does it smell like? KJ recently said that it's like Pinaud...but that's not my recollection of it...not that my recollection is all that good!

I haven't sniffed Canoe in a very long time. I liked it when I was younger. Has the scent changed over the years? What exactly does it smell like? KJ recently said that it's like Pinaud...but that's not my recollection of it...not that my recollection is all that good!
It's a lot like Clubman.

• CBL Carnation
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#5)
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
Started this cold morning with a BBS shave. The Carnation continues to perform flawlessly, though the tub is rapidly diminishing. Fine Fresh Vetiver smells absolutely perfect to me, so I'm ready to face the day. :)

Back