The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Will that damn soap every die!!! 🤪 Fine Fresh Vetiver is one of my faves. And it definitely projects and has longevity! For an AS that is essentially fragrance and alcohol...it seems to agree with my skin very well!

Lunch with nurses? Sounds like fun! Fine splashes are incredible and I'd buy a couple of I didn't already have a drawer full of splashes and balms.

Fine splashes are really great, though I usually need to add something else to them as a balm. They are practically a cologne, and usually last quite a while.

Sometimes the conversations can get pretty graphic, but yesterday's was fairly tame. ;)
Yeah, sure. "Tame" for us maybe. :ROFLMAO: My shift is notoriously graphic. Our former captain had to leave the room every time we started carrying on so he had plausible deniability. 🤪:ROFLMAO:

Our Burn Care Operations meeting is a lunch meeting. Funny some of the noises that are made by non-clinical folk when the pictures are shown.
They're curious until they actually see. But maybe don't have that meeting over lunch? 🤢

They're curious until they actually see. But maybe don't have that meeting over lunch? 🤢
I worked in a hospital with a burn trauma unit, one of two in the city. Their injuries were horrific, their histories were worse. Many cases involved the police and the courts. In the OR there, I worked most burn graft cases. They put me in there a lot because I was one of a handful of people who didn't complain about the 80 degree room temperature required to keep them warm (without skin in even medium-sized portions of the body, a person rapidly becomes hypothermic).

I worked in a hospital with a burn trauma unit, one of two in the city. Their injuries were horrific, their histories were worse. Many cases involved the police and the courts. In the OR there, I worked most burn graft cases. They put me in there a lot because I was one of a handful of people who didn't complain about the 80 degree room temperature required to keep them warm (without skin in even medium-sized portions of the body, a person rapidly becomes hypothermic).
Thankfully I haven't had any serious burn patients of my own, but I sense the clock is about to hit midnight for all the bad stuff, and just in time for me to be a paramedic!

• MSB3
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#6)
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
Last day of the MSB - I've finally decided to retire it. It was a pleasure to use. On to the CBL Carnation, which smells fantastic.

Rainy day here in Pittsburgh. One errand to do: get a new tire for my son's car, then a quiet evening out with friends. Have a great day, Cadre!

D55CD46B-E1EA-4941-885A-370CC46AB046_1_201_a.jpeg

#unobtainium
It might be; I don't know if you can still get Chamber Roulette now. All other ingredients should be available, though you'd have to check with Shannon to see what her New Scent is now named, assuming she didn't alter it.

Edit: Dave, you're right: Queen Charlotte is gone.

• CBL Carnation
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#1)
  • WSP Fresh Vetiver
New soap, brush, blade, and AS. It's a grand slam over just a few days ago. My head is spinning. Love the CBL Carnation, recommended to me by Mr @CBLindsay himself when he saw I favor rose scents. This is a topnotch soap in every respect. The WSP splash is terrific. It differs from the Fine Fresh Vetiver as it is a softer, more subtle scent than the woodsy Fine version. All in all, a great shave this morning. :)

Back