The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• CBL Carnation
  • Maggard 24mm tuxedo synthetic
  • Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#3)
  • DG Sweet Lemon
carnation.jpg

Throwing caution to the wind, I started a new soap with a new brush this morning. The soap is just fantastic: taking the lid off releases a powerful, full-bodied unmistakable carnation aroma. Lathering is a dream, requiring only the barest minimum of water to produce rich, creamy lather. The brush is large by my standards, making quick work of the soap. The bristle tips are softer than my other brush, also a synthetic. Lemon AS pairs nicely with the carnation. This software/hardware combination is a winner. (y)

• MSB3
  • Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#3)
  • DG Sweet Lemon
Reducing the remnants of MSB3 to make plenty of room for MSB4. Couple of more shaves from it, I suppose.
Wait! What? Bruce you can do that to us. You can't just change soaps one day and then go back the next. It just isn't civilized! 🤪

I know, it's pure craziness, but I really want to reduce the MSB3, and I just had to break in the new brush on a full tub. I'm a little out of sorts this morning over all of this, but I will endure.
Glad to see you made it through the ordeal in one piece. :p

• MSB3
  • Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#4)
  • DG Sweet Lemon
I've got a couple more days with this soap. It's getting to be a nuisance to whip up lather, but with patience I get plenty for a good shave. Special lunch today with nurse friends, so am pleased with the irritation-free BBS shave. :)

• MSB3
  • Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#5)
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
First use of this AS. After an hour the aroma is still strong, a nice, rich, woodsy cedar-forward scent. My face and neck feel great, so my concerns regarding the lack of glycerin appear unfounded. This AS is a winner. Have a great Friday, Cadre!

Back