The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• My Special Blend #3 (MSB3)
  • Rudy Vey 22mm Muhle STF
  • Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#8)
  • DG Sweet Lemon
I was planning to use this blade for 10 shaves, but after today it is done. DFS, but it required far too much effort. This blade wore out early. Schick's give me nearly two weeks, but these blades don't have that longevity. Oh well, once used up they won't be replaced.

Happy Black Friday, Cadre!

• Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#1)
  • Fine Fresh Vetiver
BBS courtesy of a fresh blade. The Fine splash smells great, a rich traditional vetiver with a small amount of menthol. I'm not a big fan of the menthol, but the light cooling effect was pleasant. One day I'll do a comparison of Fine and WSP versions.

• Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#2)
  • DG Sweet Lemon
MSB3 is mostly gone except for the donut ring. It's a really good soap mixture. By the time it gets to this point all of the flavors have blended together, making it an exotic Barbershop scent with a stout kick. Enjoy your shaves!

I have at least one multi-soap blend laying around somewhere. I really need to break it out now that it's been well aged. :p

• Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#5)
  • DG Sweet Lemon
Ho-hum, another morning, another great shave. @beginish joked he was condemned to years of excellent shaves. It seems I am in the same boat. This setup gives me consistent BBS shaves day in and day out. The soap is a blend of a dozen quality soaps, the brush makes lathering simple and efficient, the Schick injector with this blade is smooth and painless, and the skin food in Declaration Grooming's splash agrees with me. It all adds up to a very satisfying shave. :)

Good Stuff as of Late Bruce! How is the rehab going? Haven't heard an update lately. I suspect you have taken the training wheels off and are ready for a full ride!

Good Stuff as of Late Bruce! How is the rehab going? Haven't heard an update lately. I suspect you have taken the training wheels off and are ready for a full ride!
I don’t see an issue ... good stuff!
Have a great day Bruce!
Thank you, gentlemen!

My physical adventures have settled into a routine of strengthening my legs slowly, pushing myself when able, and trying new tricks occasionally. Last evening I dragged two garbage cans, one at a time, up our steep 30' driveway into the garage. It's been over a year since I've done that. I still don't trust myself to stay upright bringing full cans down to the curb: they are heavy and unwieldy, which does not bode well for me remaining upright. I look at it this way: a year ago I was in a wheelchair, today I am walking confidently. Sudden turns or rapid changes in direction can still topple me over, but I am ultra-careful and have not fallen since summer or spring. I can feel the improvement when going up or down stairs. I'm still a work in progress. (y)

Back