The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• My Special Blend #3 (MSB3)
  • Rudy Vey 22mm Muhle STF
  • Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#12)
  • WSP Fresh Vetiver
Great shave this morning. The soap was giving off many intense aromas, and the lather was excellent. Cracked open the bottle of WSP Fresh Vetiver 3+ hours ago, and I'm still enjoying its rich fragrance. I'm going to enjoy this splash, it smells great. (y)

Mmm vetiver! Is the splash a purely vetiver scent or do they have some other notes blended in?
It's a strong, rich vetiver. I don't have a discerning nose, but I'd guess there is some kind of citrus undertone.

OK, here's the description:

"Fresh Vetiver

This is our fresh take on vetiver. It reminds me of freshly cut grass on a breezy summer day; of baseball games and boating on the lake. This version of vetiver is clean and refreshing, like fresh cut grass and a cool lemonade. Lemon, florals, sandalwood, patchouli, musk, and vetiver are blended to create this refreshing interpretation."

Last edited:
Fresh Vetiverb.jpg
  • My Special Blend #3 (MSB3)
  • Rudy Vey 22mm Muhle STF
  • Schick G5 SE/Barber (Personna) blade (#1)
  • WSP Fresh Vetiver
Great shave this morning with a fresh blade. Second day with this excellent splash. I am loving the aroma. I highly recommend it, and all WSP splashes. This will become a regular purchase for me, along with their Gaelic Tweed, Mahogany, and Tobacco. have a great day, Cadre!

Nice set up there Bruce
Thanks, Dave. I change very little day to day. I love the consistency, choosing instead to focus exclusively on the shaves. I love top-notch products, and do not settle for "good" when "excellent" is available. When I started DE shaving in 2012, there were precious few quality soaps and splashes around. We are living in a Golden Age of Wetshaving, as artisans compete to get our dollars. The soaps keep getting better, as do the splashes. It's a great time for us to enjoy our shaves. :)

I'm one step closer to trying an injector as I now have blades for one. But I do have to say, they are some of the ugliest razors around.

I wonder if North Shore replates injectors? Logically, if they Gunkote them, they ought to be able to replate them.

Back