The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Me too, but it seems a little extreme to re-tile just to color match the shave gear. Impressive !!!
Haha! I take my photos seriously. I basically have four backgrounds: this dresser with tiling by my wife Sheri, the top of a cedar chest, the dining room table and whatever tablecloth it has on it at the time, and my closed notebook. Oh, sometimes I use a different dresser or perhaps the bathroom sink, so that makes six. I don't put a lot of time into composing magazine-ready shots as many here do. We have some excellent photographers in the Cadre.

Today's shave was the same as above, second shave on the blade. The soap was more Ouzoud than ROS, with a hint of Shannon's Silk Pajamas. Honestly, that combo smelled a little like peanut butter! It had me chuckling this morning. As expected, the lather was excellent. I don't expect anything less from this MSB iteration. Not an average soap in there.

Shaving has been excellent as I use the MSB3 soap. Smells great, performs flawlessly. Haven't heard from Blackland Razors about the release of the Vectors, so biding my time with that. Knowing that it's coming eventually is nice, and I try to put it out of my mind, but whenever I check email I wonder.

In other news, my family has taken in a stray cat that first appeared in our yard about a month ago. When it became clear to us it wasn't a neighborhood cat wandering the back yards we fed and sheltered it on our open patio, but it kept its distance. Two Saturdays ago I lured it into a small animal trap with treats and food and brought her indoors. My wife was out of town and I'm not agile enough now to chase it around the house, so we would only see her sporadically. Yesterday Sheri was able to grab her and take her to the vet, who told us it is about 6 months old, female and healthy. No microchip was found, so we are keeping her. She got her shots and bloodwork, and is slowly settling in. We haven't chosen a name yet. She is a black Turkish Angoran, and is a real beauty. We have a 6 year old exact copy of her already; when the kitten is fully grown it'll be hard to tell them apart.
D8B54A80-CF94-4FFE-8946-160C37127C84_1_201_a.jpeg

Congrats on the new addition to the family Bruce! I have to get some blades for the my Hydromatic. I've only used it once with a pretty rough blade, but it still gave a decent shave.

The Pacific is powerful. The episode with Gunny Sgt John Basilone gets me every time. Medal of Honor, "The Hero of Guadalcanal". Google him, and his wife Lena. They deserve to be remembered.

The miniseries did a nice job of depicting both him and his widow. I find it interesting that she never remarried. After a MoH awardee, everyone else would pale by comparison, I suppose. True heroes are rare.
I have to finish watching that. I watched about half of it but can't remember why I didn't finish the rest of it.

I have to finish watching that. I watched about half of it but can't remember why I didn't finish the rest of it.
It's an extremely well done miniseries by the same folks who did Band of Brothers (Spielberg & Hanks). As in BoB, all main characters are real. If you can, binge all 10 hours over one or two days. An amazing account of extraordinary events, and extraordinary people.

Back