The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Nice Bruce!

I actually like the understated nature of the older ring better. I always thought the jeweled rings were too gaudy, never got one.

My wife thinks it's gaudy, too. She's also a nurse (we met in college 35 years ago), so I think she's just jealous (NOT!). I like it. I got the lower profile one for the BSN so when I was making beds it didn't catch on the metal frames. I no longer make beds at work, so it doesn't matter.

Oh, you went to that fake online college................Dave runs and ducks for cover 😂 😂 😂 Just playing with ya Bruce
View attachment 8944
Thanks, Dave. Oh, it's real alright. Online is convenient, but it can be harder, as schools need documented posts to maintain their board accreditation. Posts are required to be "substantive"; no BSing around.

This is my 1001st post.

Last edited:
Great shave and congrats again on all the hard work! So what's now...Nurse practitioner? Start your own practice? Roll in the big bucks? :)

Great shave and congrats again on all the hard work! So what's now...Nurse practitioner? Start your own practice? Roll in the big bucks? :)
Thanks, Don. My MSN's (Master's of Science, Nursing) concentration is informatics, which encompasses a broad range of skills: info systems' design and project management, data warehouse storage/retrieval/management, and systems redesign. I think that's most of it. The degree doesn't come with an automatic pay raise, but positions me to earn a significant one once I complete a couple more things.

• LNHC Ouzoud
  • Rudy Vey 22mm Muhle STF
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#6)
  • WSP Gaelic Tweed
I slept in yesterday, so I didn't shave for work. To make matters worse, I went directly from work to a volunteer responsibility that kept me busy till nearly 8pm, so my whiskers were in full bloom. Felt great to be rid of them this morning. This was my first use of @LNHC's Ouzoud, and I like it. The soap performed flawlessly, of course, and the scent is fantastic. Cannot describe the aroma as of yet; I need to give it some thought and more use. Suffice it to say, it is a complex, rich scent. In no way is Gaelic Tweed an appropriate pairing, but I'm near the bottom of the bottle and must finish it.

• LNHC Ouzoud
  • Rudy Vey 22mm Muhle STF
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#6)
  • WSP Gaelic Tweed
I slept in yesterday, so I didn't shave for work. To make matters worse, I went directly from work to a volunteer responsibility that kept me busy till nearly 8pm, so my whiskers were in full bloom. Felt great to be rid of them this morning. This was my first use of @LNHC's Ouzoud, and I like it. The soap performed flawlessly, of course, and the scent is fantastic. Cannot describe the aroma as of yet; I need to give it some thought and more use. Suffice it to say, it is a complex, rich scent. In no way is Gaelic Tweed an appropriate pairing, but I'm near the bottom of the bottle and must finish it.
Ozoud pairs well with Maol Grooming's Heliopteris aftershave. Super glad you are enjoying my shaving soap! 😊👍

Back