The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

We are all proud of you Bruce! It's been a difficult and busy year for you! But you have survived and a better man for it! Unofficial Congrats! The official one comes when...well the graduation is official! ;)

We are all proud of you Bruce! It's been a difficult and busy year for you! But you have survived and a better man for it! Unofficial Congrats! The official one comes when...well the graduation is official! ;)
You're right, Don. No early victory lap for me. It does all feel surreal, however.

Had a great shave today. Everything was perfect. I love these kind of days: BBS and I smell great. Life is good.

• LNHC Plaide Cloimhe
  • Rudy Vey 22mm Muhle STF
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#10)
  • WSP Tobacco

Made my last required post "at school" today. No more is required of me, it's simply a matter of waiting for two papers to be graded, and being credited for the posts. No doubt I'll post a couple more comments throughout the week, but I don't need to.

Ya! He doesn't need to! Ya'll hear that!?!? Bruce can do it just 'cause he wants to!

Post away free man!

Had a great shave today. Everything was perfect. I love these kind of days....

....Made my last required post "at school" today. No more is required of me, it's simply a matter of waiting for two papers to be graded, and being credited for the posts. No doubt I'll post a couple more comments throughout the week, but I don't need to.
Nice, and nicer! (y)

• Shannon's Silk Pajamas
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#4)
  • WSP Gaelic Tweed
fullsizeoutput_582.jpeg

Shannon Soaps' Silk Pajamas is her version of GIT, and it smells great. More nuanced and richer smelling than others, it is a strong intoxicating flavor. After just two shaves, I know I'll be going back for more. Pairs nicely with Gaelic Tweed. If you have yet to try Shannon's, check it out. Excellent soaps in every way.

I definitely dig Shannon's Soaps, and I do like the Silk Pajamas; however, unless they've totally reformulated the scent, the one I had did not smell anything like GIT. The one I had, especially the limited edition version, smelled to me just like YSL Jazz. Great performer, no doubt.

I definitely dig Shannon's Soaps, and I do like the Silk Pajamas; however, unless they've totally reformulated the scent, the one I had did not smell anything like GIT. The one I had, especially the limited edition version, smelled to me just like YSL Jazz. Great performer, no doubt.
Never smelled YSL Jazz. I'm not much of a frag man, so I cannot compare. Yes, it is a great performer. Her soaps are among the three I use (LNHC, CBL are the others). Mine is the limited edition as well; I picked it up in January.

Definitely great soaps - especially in the post shave moisturizing department. My favorite scent of theirs is, "Woodlands".

Today is my first official day of freedom. Grades for the last class are not posted yet, but I'm graduating for certain. Not yet official, but it will be within a couple of days, I expect. It's starting to feel real. When official, I'll change my electronic signatures at work, then it'll be totally real in my mind. Whew, I can breathe again! 😅

Great BBS shave today.
  • Shannon's Silk Pajamas
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#7)
  • WSP Gaelic Tweed

So my grade is posted. :D It's not yet in the official schedule/grade tally; that usually takes another day or so. Maybe longer, I don't know if there is any kind of a review because it's my final class. Time will tell.

Back