The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Sudsy Soapery Unscented Tallow
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Stirling Travel Bowl
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (3)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Smooth lunchtime shave, leaving me clean, refreshed, and (briefly, like 5 minutes) smelling good. The Nivea is excellent stuff, smells great, and dissipates quickly. My skin feels perfect. Recommended to me by a certain nurse friend named Dave maybe a year or more ago now. I concur. Enjoy your day, Cadre!

Last edited:
Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Stirling Travel Bowl
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (5)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

First use of the stick today. I have vague memories of using and liking it years ago, but may have squished it into a tub of some sort. I did a lot of that back then.
They do make it in puck form now.

ezgif-2-1699d78c18.jpg

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Stirling Travel Bowl
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (6)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Enjoying the Arko stick a great deal. This could last forever. I get a very good, thick, and slick-feeling lather that has done well the first couple of times. No complaints from me, no sir. The icing on the cake, of course, is its distinguished aroma. I always seem to get some lather on my collar, which is cool, because I can check out the smell and enjoy later.

This was a pre-lunch shave, but kept ignoring the call of The Cadre by documenting it, till I could ignore it no longer .

Last edited:
Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (7)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Excellent shave. Mad a correction to my documentation- I'm not using the Stirling Travel Bowl with the shave stick. Strictly face lathering for awhile. At the current rate of consumption, the Arko ought to last months, if not years. How does someone use up a box of 12 sticks?

With reckless abandon.
Haha!
Which is more economical? This or it in the urine puck form?
The mug form requires a brush so I would expect it to use more. After three uses of the stick it looks like it can last quite awhile I.e., several months. I moisten my whiskers with a splash of water and rub the stick around my face and neck. When whiskers look ghostly white I swirl my damp brush around and face lather. Then I shave, rinse, repeat.

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (8)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Enjoying this setup very much. Say what you will about Arko, but it’s given me great shaves every day that I’ve used it. Never fully face lathered before now. Bonus is that my wife is impervious to its alluring , gentle aroma.,
Arko produces a nice lather if you add the water in stages. I’m trying to keep it thick and creamy, it’s dialing in nicely.

It’s a bright, sunny 43F/6C today. Very nice. Let’s enjoy the day, Cadre.

Back