The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (14)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Now I’m clean shaven and ready for the Zoom call later (6pm eastern time tonight - Be There!). I may be a little late, as we’re going to celebrate my FIL’s birthday beforehand. Looking forward to the call.

Last edited:
Enjoyed the call last night. Health issues are filling up my free time, leaving little time for anything else. No shave today, tomorrow will be fine.

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (15)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

And a good morning to you all. Today’s shave brought to you by the good folks at Arko shaving soap. I’ve found that I can relather my face after one application of the Arko. The exceptionally well named brush holds enough residual soap for this. All in all, a nice start to the day. Have a super-dee-duper day, Cadre!

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (1)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Forgot to document my noonday shave. New blade made its presence felt with some irritation. Bummer.

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (2)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

A rare mid morning shave ahead of an appointment today. Warm weather and some rain have melted all of the snow, so hopefully no more will fall. We shall see. Have a great day, Cadre! 😊

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (3)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Happy Sunday, Cadre! An early afternoon haircut and shave. No tip for my barber - I’m going back to my European roots from now on, and not tipping. So there!

We've pretty much stopped tipping when we go out. It's a push-back against the stupidly high "suggested" amounts they now have as defaults on most machines.

Arko Shaving Stick
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (3)
Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Happy Sunday, Cadre! An early afternoon haircut and shave. No tip for my barber - I’m going back to my European roots from now on, and not tipping. So there!
Bruce is becoming "El Cheapo Grande" wont even tip his barber. I hope he spills Diet Pepsi on you! :D

Back