The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Sudsy Soapery Unscented Tallow
  • RazoRock Bruce synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (6)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
It’s a cold Sunday morning here. Looking ahead, it won’t get above freezing for about a week. Yikes! I think midwestern weather has found its way east. At least I’ll face the weather clean shaven. See you on tonight’s Zoom.

Does NOT approve!

giphy.gif
^^^THIS🤬^^^

In true 3017-Brotherhood style, I buzzed my head with my Wahl clippers as well this morning.

It should also be noted that my clippers were sourced via a TSC professional barber, who therefore obviously encourages people to barber at home the same way he helps newcomers learn to shave at home.

In true 3017-Brotherhood style, I buzzed my head with my Wahl clippers as well this morning.

It should also be noted that my clippers were sourced via a TSC professional barber, who therefore obviously encourages people to barber at home the same way he helps newcomers learn to shave at home.
nope! Extra Inventory LOL

• Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (7)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Early afternoon shave for today’s game in Buffalo. No snow on the field, but the stands are a mess, untouched and under 2’ of snow. If I were a fan I’d be plenty mad. Go Steelers! 👍

Steelers made a game of it in the third quarter, but Buffalo is the better team. Kind of rooting for them to win it all this year. Kind of.

• Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (8)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Good morning, Cadre. We had about an inch of snow last night, and light flurries now. Still cold here. No place to go today, so all is well. Have a great day! :)

I come here on promise of use of a new shave stick to find.... nada.

• Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (10)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Sweet lunchtime shave. It’s 31F/-.6C today! Woo - hoo! Fairly sunny with few clouds. Wife is out so I indulged myself with a couple spritzes of Canoe. By the time she’s back it will have dissipated enough that she won’t smell it, but I will. Be well, Cadre.

No shave today. Lots of people WFH today due to snowfall overnight. We only got about 2” or so, but there are pockets of the region that got two or three times as much. Earlier predictions were wrong, of course. Some said 8” here, so yesterday schools and businesses were in panic mode, which always happens. Grocery stores were packed with panic buyers, even though it warms above freezing Monday, and gets warmer as the week goes on. Since I moved here in 1979, there have been one or two snowstorms that have shut down the city, and they were decades ago.

Hope all are safe and comfortable in their homes now, or will be shortly. Be well, Cadre!

Back