The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Sudsy Soapery Unscented Tallow
  • RazoRock Bruce synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (6)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
And a good Sunday morning to you all. Fun day in store for me: going to my son's place to watch the Steelers play the evil Cleveland Browns. Then a TSC Zoom call, which you should all join in. See you later!

• Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (6)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
And a good Sunday morning to you all. Fun day in store for me: going to my son's place to watch the Steelers play the evil Cleveland Browns. Then a TSC Zoom call, which you should all join in. See you later!
Good Stuff

• Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (7)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Happy Wednesday, Cadre! So, this being the 60th anniversary of JFK's assassination, I went channel surfing for coverage. Found something interesting on History channel, a documentary series on his time as president. It's at the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962. He was a busy president, but his accomplishments get overshadowed by his death. Like all Baby Boomers, I recall where I was when I learned. I was in 1st grade and we got sent home, then my mother took us all to church. My father was underway on his ship. We were isolated in small-town Alaska without any TV, and radio for just part of the day. News came to us slowly, usually at least a day behind, but KLAM (their call letters) AM radio was on the air when he was shot and subsequently died. When Oswald was killed, we learned a day later, I believe. I was but six years old, so my mother filtered the news that reached my siblings and myself.

• Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (8)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Happy Black Crazy Friday, Cadre. If any are venturing out to the stores today, I wish you good luck. I also ask, "Why!?" :unsure:🤪

• Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (9)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Thought about shaving yesterday. It was just a passing thought, and I ignored it. Today's shave was excellent. Happy Cyber Monday, Cadre! Now go spend some money!

Well, it appears that winter has arrived in western PA - it has been in the 20sF. No matter how you look at it, that's cold. Oh well, here we go again for a few weeks. Forecasters predict a mild winter here; hope they're right.

Don't worry, Bruce. @GearNoir and/or @NurseDave call tell you what you should be thinking about right now.:ROFLMAO:
I was stationed in Alameda in 1978. The 1978 Blizzard shut down major northeastern cities, including Boston, where I have family. One night, dressed in jeans, T-shirt, and short Levi's corduroy jacket, I decided I should check on my siblings, so I called up my Boston brother from a phone booth on the pier. It was sunset, so I described it to him in great detail, and then told him how I was dressed. He was less than thrilled with me, but I had to rub it in. So I get where they might be coming from.

Honestly, I could do without the winters, but my family ties here are strong.

• Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (10)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Feeling good after a nice shave. Still cold out there. No flurries today, which always makes it seem colder somehow. Be well, Cadre.

What have you been up to lately Bruce? Full days spent in the La-Z-Boy?
Been fiddling with stuff at home. Organizing the small coin collection (mostly done), organizing my CDs (~1200 total) - which includes making sure my iPod is up to date, which it is not at the moment, with only 993 of the albums loaded. I don't even want to think about tackling the books we have.

Back