The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Well dang…Bruce could just about run his own radio station!
Half of it is classic Baby Boomer stuff: Stones, Beatles, Dylan, Who, Joplin, Ronstadt, netc. Lots of people have these, but where I truly built their catalogs is through bootlegs. I have a complete Beatles catalog (well, minus the newest song Now & Then), but twice as many bootlegs. The same is true for Dylan, with only the lp Self-Portrait absence. Dylan may be the most bootlegged musician on the planet.

I have additional singer/songwriters I favor: Browne, Cohen, Prine, Hiatt, Baez, Cash, and others less known. For a couple of years I went on a folk kick, and I explored jazz, particularly the period after Big Band and before 1970. I settled on Hard Bop, which was jazz mid-/late1950s > mid-1960s. I love Hard Bop; great music, well represented on Blue Note.

There are other genres represented. Basically, if I liked a song, I got the album (I quit singles long before CDs showed up).

• Godrej Shaving Cream
  • RazoRock Bruce synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (11)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Was cleaning out a drawer and came across a tube of Godrej shaving cream. It's basically unscented, so it's good to go. Works really well, too.

• Godrej Shaving Cream
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (13)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Very refreshing after lunch shave. This Godrej shaving cream was given to me some time ago by someone. Thank you, whoever! It's good stuff, requiring <snurdle to get enough lather for 3 good passes and touchup. Tried a snurdle; it was too much. Went with a snurdl today,; still too much wasted. Next shave, I use just a snurd and see how that goes.

• Godrej Shaving Cream
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (14)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash

Google snuffle. You will
Never use that word again🤣🤣
I just got a bunch of references to Snufilupagus of Sesame street. Googled Snurdle and found many shaving references, as well as a gross looking candy.

• Godrej Shaving Cream
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (1) RB on the planet in Marshall Lynch
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Happy Sunday, Cadre. As I enjoy a Sunday sans a Steeler loss (they’re not playing today), I hope your team does well, unless you’re a Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Cowboys, Chiefs, 49ers, Packers, or Patriots fan. Oh, and the Seahawks too. I’ve never forgiven them for giving away a Super Bowl to the Pats. Why would you throw an interception in the end zone when you’ve got the best running back on the planet in Marshawn Lynch, and you’re on the one yard line? Stupid.

Last edited:
  • Godrej Shaving Cream
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (2)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Happy Tuesday, Cadre. So I’m liking the Godrej, even though it offers minimal cushion. It has a nice, clean, soapy aroma to it that I like and does not cause my wife to gasp for air. That makes it a winner in my book! Hope everyone enjoys the day.

• Godrej Shaving Cream
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (3)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
And a gracious good day to you all. Beautiful day here, but chilly. Not freezing, but the air bites you a bit. Productive day with an early video appointment and some housecleaning. Be well, Cadre!

• Godrej Shaving Cream
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (4)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Good morning, Cadre. Another beautiful fall day here. Some housework to get done, but not much else besides that. Guess I’ll have to pace myself. ;)

Back