The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Godrej Shaving Cream
  • RazoRock Bruce synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (5)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Happy Friday, Cadre. It’s been a beautiful week in my neighborhood with lots of sunshine and no precipitation. Had a fun videoconference with some other cancer survivors I’ve come to know. Good folks. Will visit with in-laws on Sunday, which will be nice. Enjoy the day, Cadre!

• Godrej Shaving Cream
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (6)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Happy Monday, Cadre. We’re set to get some snow flurries this afternoon. Barely above freezing now, but no accumulation expected. My clean neck and face are grateful to have three days of whiskers sent down the drain. The Vector made quick work of them, as usual. Nivea is a refreshing and healing splash to top it off. Be well.

• Godrej Shaving Cream
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (7)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Snow flurries yesterday and the day before have mostly disappeared, but the cold lingers for a few days. It’s supposed to be a warmer Christmas for us this year. Looking forward to that. :)

In cold weather, we'd be subject to the Costanza effect.
fW7waL.gif

• Godrej Shaving Cream
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (8)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Happy Friday, Cadre. Hoping you all have the day off for a long holiday weekend. My wife and oldest son are at a popular mall, looking at the Christmas decorations. You couldn’t pay me enough to go to a mall three days before Christmas! No thank you. Here’s hoping that your weekend is good one. :)

So I was just sipping my coffee when I decided I needed something to go with it. Hmmm… fresh-baked cinnamon roll? Nah, something better. Aha, got it. Warm brownie, fudge swirl ice cream, topped with genuine Hershey’s hot fudge, that’s the ticket! The football snack of champions. 😊

• Godrej Shaving Cream
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (10)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
A warm (51F/11C) drizzly day in Pittsburgh. Not bad for this time of year. I’ll take rain over snow any day. I’m looking forward to the new year so I can put 2023 in the rear view mirror. Been a rough one for me; not one I’d care to repeat. Have a great day, Cadre! :)

• Godrej Shaving Cream
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick ProLine (11)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Pleasant late morning shave. Cool and crisp sunny day at 39F/4C. Will warm up a little, though not much. Regardless, it’s more like a beautiful fall day than a winter day. Compared to last winter’s holiday deep freeze, it’s just fine. Hope everyone is ready for the NY weekend. I’ll be celebrating in my traditional style: at home and sober. Can no longer be over-caffeinated per doctor’s orders, which is kind of a bummer. Darn cardiologists, it’s a conspiracy I tell ya!

Back