The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

If I mammoth painted I'd be tempted to shave my chest. Don't want to go there.

I can truthfully say that boot camp put hair on my chest. Having none when I went in, I came out of Great Lakes boot camp with three good dark hairs, two very faint ones.

If a video is going to be required, it seems only fair that you do one first @Blade-meister

Nurse Dave would really be uncomfortable with that video :LOL:

Gaston Funny GIF - Gaston Funny BeautyAndTheBeast GIFs

If I mammoth painted I'd be tempted to shave my chest. Don't want to go there.

Never even crossed my mind to shave the chest when I have a good mammoth lather sitting on there. I think my Parker Variant would be waiving a white flag before I picked it up. The poor clippers they had at my doc's office just about overheated when they set to making a landing zone for the EKG leads a few months ago.

I can truthfully say that boot camp put hair on my chest. Having none when I went in, I came out of Great Lakes boot camp with three good dark hairs, two very faint ones.

Oh yes, Great Lakes is something else especially when you run in the snow. Those Texas guys just don't know what to do with all that cold and snow.

Oh yes, Great Lakes is something else especially when you run in the snow. Those Texas guys just don't know what to do with all that cold and snow.
I was there February-April. After they clipped off our hair, it seemed like the wind off of Lake Michigan turned our scalps into popsicles. Built character, I suppose. ;)

• Chamber Roulette
  • Rudy Vey 22mm Muhle STF
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#6)
  • WSP Black Amber Vanille AS
Another excellent shave with this setup, 99% BBS, not quite 100%. I'll take that any day. Changed the blade afterward, so I again start the new week with a new blade - easier for me to remember. Nearing the end of the Roulette. Great soap, no complaints.

Brunch with The Guys: Original Pancake House: blueberry waffle, toast, 2 eggs, coffee. I might get hungry tomorrow. My sons are stuffed. :)

Had a great BBS shave today. Same setup, new blade.

In other news, I worked the word "cadre" into a school paper today: "...believes it must further diversify its sales associates’ cadre by attracting a large pool of qualified applicants." Shaving and TSC are really about life, and education. Maybe I should link the word with this site. ;)

• Lisa's Natural Green Irish Tweed
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#5)
  • WSP Gaelic Tweed AS
LNHC Green Irish Tweed.jpg

Man of man, was this a great shave, and I give full credit to Lisa's Natural Green Irish Tweed soap. Setting aside the scent for a moment, let me tell you about this soap. It is superb. I've never had such excellent cushion. It is simply amazing. Rich creamy lather is quickly produced. It takes a bit more water than a croap, naturally, so I simply dipped the bristle tips into water to make up the difference. I can't wait to shave tomorrow! Now the scent: I believe the LNHC website spoke of being licensed to produce this, and the aroma is clean and strong from the moment you start lathering. Topping it off with WSP Gaelic Tweed leaves me feeling clean and fresh. Aaahhh. :love:

Another great shave today, same setup as yesterday. LNHC Green Irish Tweed soap delivered again. I love this soap so much that I ordered another tub last night. I chose a different flavor - Ouzoud. It was hard to choose, they all sound great.

You will have to let us know how the Ouzoud works out for you! I have been interested myself! That Lisa can sure make a great soap! Got a little behind on your Journal Bruce...but glad to see your recovery is going well!

• Lisa's Natural Green Irish Tweed
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#4)
  • WSP Gaelic Tweed AS
These shaves are so perfectly easy it's almost sinful. For some reason, the soap/AS combo smelled stronger and manlier this morning. Maybe I'm just stronger and manlier today, though it's hard to imagine how. ;)

Have a great day, Cadre!

Nice shave you Man's man
I started off the day in a most manly way. Getting my coffee in the kitchen, I noticed what looked like a chunk of bread by the breadbox, so I picked it up to discard. It was a live yellowjacket, wiggling in my fingers. Caring little for my own personal safety, I calmly strode (a full step) to the sink, dropped it in the garbage disposer, turned on the water and flipped the switch, saving the people and pets in my family. That must be why I'm so manly today.

Back