The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Injectah! All-star line up today. BAV is probably my favorite scent from WSP.

My shave today was good. OK, got that in. This week at work I've been leaving my cane in the office as I go about the hospital on errands and to lunch. I weave and wobble slightly, but haven't stumbled once. This morning I left the cane in the car and did fine. I hope this is the new normal, because it feels great to walk about without it. Makes me feel almost normal again. :giggle:

Be careful out there buddy! We don’t need a workplace injury with a man down. (Lots of paperwork and it effects the bonus you know) ;)

Seriously. Glad you’re getting back to total freedom.

Thank you, Don. I'm absolutely elated by this milestone. It's a major one for me. It's been frustrating using the cane this long - it makes me look and feel old. I feel younger than I have in months. Still look old, though!

Thank you, Don. I'm absolutely elated by this milestone. It's a major one for me. It's been frustrating using the cane this long - it makes me look and feel old. I feel younger than I have in months. Still look old, though!
Your a teenager to all of us! I mean a teenager that has to shave! 🤪

Oh geez, Dave, I hadn't thought of that!

Turned in a large paper for school this morning, worth 30% of this class's grade. Eight days from now I begin my final class. It's starting to sink in. 🤪

Finished up the bottle of WSP's Black Amber Vanille splash this morning. I'll be purchasing more in the future. Love the scent. Can't decide whether to go with WSP's Tobacco or Mahogany next. Guess I'll figure it out tomorrow.
Enjoy your shaves, Cadre!

Nice Bruce! So far in my 4ish year’s traditional shaving, I’ve only finished one full sized soap tub and have yet to finish a full sized AS. It’ll be a sad day whenever I do...

Chris, my OCD tendencies would be twisted into knots by all the partially used products. Stuff like that makes me crazy. That said, I have a half-bottle of DG Sweet Lemon splash set aside for when I open my second puck of Shannon's Lavendar Lemongrass in the coming months. I have three soapmakers in my stable, and am rotating through them: LNHC > Shannon's > CBL. Roughly halfway through the CBL, and the next Shannon's will be something else, so it'll be awhile.

I chose WSP Tobacco this morning; will stick with it till finished. I'd forgotten how great this splash smells! It's like stepping into a cigar store humidor room. I'm enjoying it immensely right now. (y)

I chose WSP Tobacco this morning; will stick with it till finished. I'd forgotten how great this splash smells! It's like stepping into a cigar store humidor room. I'm enjoying it immensely right now. (y)
Anyone else concerned that without a cane, he won’t have anything to fight the ladies off with?
This is what I'm talking about! Stay safe out there Bruce!

• CBL TabacaVeg
  • Rudy Vey 22mm Muhle STF
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#6)
  • WSP Tobacco
Loving this combo. Near-BBS today, I guess it is DFS++. Dang, I smell good!

After two weeks of keeping the cane in the car, using it just once to go into a store, my gait is stronger and I'm more confident. I'm moving faster (not fast!) on stairs now. It feels like I'm entering a faster rate of recovery. We shall see. Balance when turning is still dicey, so I remain cautious while doing so. Things are looking up. Next, I'm going to add chewing gum while walking, just for the challenge. ;)

Whoa there! Hold your horses now! I'm not sure you are ready for that aggressive of recovery! 🤪 All in all...II am super happy that my favorite Yinzer is doing well!
I appreciate your concern. I've not attempted it in months. As for being a Yinzer...though I've lived here for 40 years, I'm not a native. I love it here, though. Actually, I divorced my first wife because she said "Yinz". It got on my nerves. 🤬

Back