The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Lisa's Natural Green Irish Tweed
  • Rudy Vey 22mm Muhle STF
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#7)
  • WSP Gaelic Tweed AS
Great shave, near BBS. This setup agrees with me.

The yellowjackets turned out to be non-honeybees. We had a nest in a corner of the house, under siding. The Orkin Man took care of them. All gone. 🐝

• Shannon's Lavender Lemongrass
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#1)
  • WSP Black Amber Vanille AS
fullsizeoutput_52d.jpeg

Shannon's LL is one of my favorite scents. It pairs well with the splash, but I've ordered DG's Sweet Lemon splash to go with it.

• Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#3)
  • DG Sweet Lemon splash
Shannon's Lavender Lemongrass.jpg

DG Sweet Lemon is all lemony goodness with excellent nourishment properties. I like to keep my shaves simple and consistent. This stuff just gets the job done as well or better than any products I've used. It's all about the shaves - enjoy them, Cadre!

• Shannon's New Scent
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#6)
  • WSP Black Amber Vanille AS
Shannon sent a sample labeled "New Scent", and it is intriguing. Can't quite put my finger on all the flavors, but it is a smoky, ever-so-slightly sweet aroma in her regular tallow formula, I believe. There are a variety of flavors in there, thought I smelled a hint of coconut too, but it was fleeting. The website doesn't mention it yet, so couldn't get any clues there. In any case, I like it and look forward to its release. Paired it with WSP BAV because I don't have a match for it, and I like the splash.

Oooh soap testing! So fun!

Good stuff Bruce! Hope all is well.
All is well, though I'm crazy busy with school. Beginning a project that spans two 6-week courses. The preliminaries are mountainous. To keep it interesting, we're using a new project-tracking software package that is unlike anything we've used before. I had the professor for an earlier class, and she's really good, so there's that. (y)

Walking distances with the cane remains an adventure. Slow progress.

• Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#3)
  • DG Sweet Lemon splash
Excellent shave today, but with one little nick on my chin. Oh well. I've had worse (it's only a flesh wound!).

School continues, I'm making good progress on my project. We're required to log at least 30 practicum hours over 6 weeks. At the beginning, I wondered how on earth I'd reach that number. After 2 weeks I have 19 hours in. I think I'll be OK. On vacation this week, so I expect to get a lot of work done. Coming down the home stretch. o_O

• CBL TabacaVeg
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#10)
  • WSP Black Amber Vanille
fullsizeoutput_540.jpeg

Needless to say, this was an excellent shave. CBL soaps never fail to impress me with how easily they lather with minimal water, and their flawless performance. TabacaVeg is a wonderful scent, IMO it is greater than the sum of its two parts. Clean, fresh, and invigorating in the morning. WSP BAV pairs very well with it, but what wouldn't pair well with the magic of TabacaVeg? :D

Another injector shave from the TSC today! Excellent!

Hope you’re well Bruce!

Another injector shave from the TSC today! Excellent!

Hope you’re well Bruce!
Thank you, Chris. Nine weeks and much work till I'm done with school.

I've only used the injector since 2/14/19. I plan on using it a year before deciding on using it long term. It's incredibly easy to use, but so is my Aristocrat.

Back