The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (45)
  • Maggard tuxedo 24mm synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Kai (7)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Last shave on the Kai blade - starting to need buffing - so I tossed it. Very impressed with the soap's longevity and performance. Would love to order more, but their Unscented seems to be perpetually out of stock. Have a great day, Cadre! :)

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (45)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Kai (7)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Last shave on the Kai blade - starting to need buffing - so I tossed it. Very impressed with the soap's longevity and performance. Would love to order more, but their Unscented seems to be perpetually out of stock. Have a great day, Cadre! :)
Don’t forget Sunday Bruce

And @BarberDave thinks it's dangerous to live in Arizona. Ha!
It’s just Chad stumbling around with a bourbon bottle

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (46)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Kai (1)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Well, how about that? I shaved on a Saturday morning! The soap continues to perform perfectly. It's nearly done, but should hit at least 50 shaves. And the weekend has begun. Have an excellent one, Cadre. :)

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (47)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Kai (2)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Light rain falling here; our first rain in quite awhile. My trees and shrubs will appreciate it. I'm gradually eliminating the front yard grass, and won't miss it when it's gone. The usual appointments Mon & Tues this week, plus an extra one early Tues morning.

Hope to see you on the Zoom call tonight! PM @BarberDave for the link. :)

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (48)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Kai (3)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Refreshing early afternoon shave, following two morning appointments. PT was over and really put me through my paces. I'm a little tired now, but should catch my second wind later. Have a great day, Cadre. :)

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (49)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Kai (4)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Late morning shave following breakfast and one video appointment. I'm going to use the soap once more, then retire the remains to the tub o' slivers of my other unscenteds. Doing my PT/OT exercises after I have lunch. Have a great day, Cadre. :)

DEETS: So my PT consists of leg exercises; OT exercises for arms and hands. Takes me about 25 minutes, give or take, to do all sets. Walking is one of the PT exercises; I can do one lap around the 1st floor without being out of breath, but the goal is 3 laps, so I've got some work ahead of me. Arm exercises, some with a cane, and the others with a 2 lb barbell, leave my arms and shoulders feeling good. With PT/OT you get out of it what you put into it, so I'm giving both my best. The key to this is to exercise, but not keep my heart rate up, so I pause between each individual one. It's more like a good limbering up session.
It sure ain't circuit training with the goal of maintaining a high heart rate by quickly moving from one exercise to the next.

So that's what my afternoons and evenings are like. I'm trying to maintain slow, steady progress. Most days I feel as though I'm moving forward. I've had just one day where I took "one step up and two steps back" (hence the Springsteen song I posted last Friday). I was very discouraged that day, but the next day I was back on track. It was then that I realized that there will be days like that, but as long as they are the exception I'll be alright. So far, today has been a good day. :)

DEETS: So my PT consists of leg exercises; OT exercises for arms and hands. Takes me about 25 minutes, give or take, to do all sets. Walking is one of the PT exercises; I can do one lap around the 1st floor without being out of breath, but the goal is 3 laps, so I've got some work ahead of me. Arm exercises, some with a cane, and the others with a 2 lb barbell, leave my arms and shoulders feeling good. With PT/OT you get out of it what you put into it, so I'm giving both my best. The key to this is to exercise, but not keep my heart rate up, so I pause between each individual one. It's more like a good limbering up session.
It sure ain't circuit training with the goal of maintaining a high heart rate by quickly moving from one exercise to the next.

So that's what my afternoons and evenings are like. I'm trying to maintain slow, steady progress. Most days I feel as though I'm moving forward. I've had just one day where I took "one step up and two steps back" (hence the Springsteen song I posted last Friday). I was very discouraged that day, but the next day I was back on track. It was then that I realized that there will be days like that, but as long as they are the exception I'll be alright. So far, today has been a good day. :)
One day at a time, brother.. :)

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (50)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Kai (5)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Happy Friday, Cadre. A rainy/sunny day here in Pittsburgh on a big news day. Last shave with this soap; moving on to the next. I have two unscenteds from which to choose, but my mind is made up. Next shave will feature one of my favorites. (y)

Back