The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (39)
  • Maggard tuxedo 24mm synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Kai (1)
  • LNHC After Shave tonic
Very satisfying shave this morning, my second since coming home. First meeting with home care today - will take a couple hours. This fatigue I'm experiencing will likely last a few more weeks, at least.

You have some ambulation aids too I’m assuming. Don’t be getting brave and ditching those either just because you’re in the house or because you only have to go a couple feet 😜👍

You have some ambulation aids too I’m assuming. Don’t be getting brave and ditching those either just because you’re in the house or because you only have to go a couple feet 😜👍
Normally, that's what I do. I'll leave the cane in the car while at home, and get around the house without it. Since surgery, I need inside the house too. The last thing I want to do is fall and set back the healing.

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (40)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Kai (2)
  • LNHC After Shave tonic
Pro Tip: Put a bandaid over internal jugular IV scabs BEFORE shaving. That is all.

You're shaving near a jugular IV scab??????

Fear not, the body heals from within. The internal jugular vein is sealed, deep, and safe. Looks like the surface has been under assault. I phrased my first post deliberately just to see the reaction. My passive-aggressive tendencies on display. ;)

Steve, you will note that yesterday's post had no mention of your VGK hockey team. I worried I was jinxing them. Of course, I watched the game and relaxed the whole time. Talk about a butt-kicking!

Steve, you will note that yesterday's post had no mention of your VGK hockey team. I worried I was jinxing them. Of course, I watched the game and relaxed the whole time. Talk about a butt-kicking!
I thought about that....and I was worried that if I didn't wear the same shirt I've been wearing through out the playoffs.....without washing....that was the thing we needed to win. Ultimately I remembered that the players are the one's doing all the work and we're just here to provide vocal support. So I put on a clean shirt and I watched the guys beat the tar out of the Stars. So you can proudly say you're on the bandwagon and rooting for the VGK.

Of course, we all know that its @CVargo 's support of the teams that the VGK are facing that is the real reason they're playing so well.

So you can proudly say you're on the bandwagon and rooting for the VGK.
I started rooting for VGK from its inaugural season. I watched as many games as I could, because I was rooting for The Best Goalie You'll Ever Have, Marc-Andre Fleury. He remains a fan favorite here. 😍

No shave today as I let my neck heal. Medical appointments continue, as OT was here to assess my current physical status. Did a lot of sitting, standing, walking with a cane, etc. My legs are tired now, so I'm trying to limit my activities. At this stage, it's important for me to move forward, but cautiously and slowly. In about 4 weeks I'll begin the cardiac rehab portion of recovery, where the work will be focused on endurance. Right now, it's time to heal and recover from the surgery.

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (41)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Kai (3)
  • LNHC After Shave tonic
I am happy to report that I had a bloodless shave. Day off from home health appointments, so my day will be one of walking as able, resting, and walking some more.
Have a great day, Cadre. 🫀 ;)

A red tip and there's no blood? Are we sure it wasn't a super speed when you started?

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (42)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Kai (4)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
A refreshing Sunday shave. Love the faint aroma of the Nivea. Thank you @NurseDave for recommending it. Another day of resting my heart while keeping my legs moving.

No hockey today. Bummer. @heysi 's Vegas Golden Knights are off to a good start with a game one win last night. Good game for them.

Back