The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (27)
  • Maggard tuxedo 24mm synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Gillette Silver Blue (3)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Late night, 10:30pm, shave for early morning appointment tomorrow. I'll probably leave there tomorrow with more than one new apptmt, I'm close to finishing up this particular chapter and beginning another. :cool:

As expected, I have collected another three appointments today, for later this week, and the important one, a couple weeks from now. I've been vague till now, but I am having 3-vessel coronary artery bypass grafts on 5/18. This is the culmination of several weeks of cardiac workup and various tests, scans, etc. Is this where I'd like to be? No, not really. However, I'm grateful to be where I am, going to the preeminent cardiac program in the region. The problem with being a retired operating room and critical care RN is that I know too much. In health care, you tend to remember the patients who struggle postop over the ones who sail through without complications. Though significantly fewer in number, they are easily recalled. I've got to set that all aside, and just be a cardiac patient. It's easier said than done, despite the confidence I have in the surgical and postop teams.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

As expected, I have collected another three appointments today, for later this week, and the important one, a couple weeks from now. I've been vague till now, but I am having 3-vessel coronary artery bypass grafts on 5/18. This is the culmination of several weeks of cardiac workup and various tests, scans, etc. Is this where I'd like to be? No, not really. However, I'm grateful to be where I am, going to the preeminent cardiac program in the region. The problem with being a retired operating room and critical care RN is that I know too much. In health care, you tend to remember the patients who struggle postop over the ones who sail through without complications. Though significantly fewer in number, they are easily recalled. I've got to set that all aside, and just be a cardiac patient. It's easier said than done, despite the confidence I have in the surgical and postop teams.

Prayers Brucey, and if there is anything we can do, or you need let us know!!!

You got this, brother! You'll be back to your minimalistic self in no time! 😁

Fun* times ahead! Better stockpile some good shaves over the next month.
Prayers Brucey, and if there is anything we can do, or you need let us know!!!
You got this, brother! You'll be back to your minimalistic self in no time! 😁
Glad you’re on track for help Bruce! Ongoing best wishes and prayers.
Thank you all for your kindness. There is irony to this: I once worked in this hospital, and will end up in the post-open heart unit, which I worked in from 1989-91. At least it's on a different floor now, so it shouldn't feel too weird.

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (28)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Gillette Silver Blue (4)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Happy Wednesday, Cadre. Here I sit, in health care limbo, waiting for surgery. Can't do very much per doctor's orders , as I must avoid "strenuous" activities. Oi vey, very little for me to do. 😏

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (28)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Gillette Silver Blue (4)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Happy Wednesday, Cadre. Here I sit, in health care limbo, waiting for surgery. Can't do very much per doctor's orders , as I must avoid "strenuous" activities. Oi vey, very little for me to do. 😏
Retail therapy sounds the least strenuous. 🤔

Back