The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (23)
  • Maggard tuxedo 24mm synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Gillette Silver Blue (6)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Very late shave for a morning appointment tomorrow. No doubt that this appointment will result in at least one, probably two, additional appointments. Seems to be the way things go these days.

As expected, yesterday's appointment has led me to another appointment next week, at which time I will again get an additional appointment, hopefully very soon thereafter. Retirement is FUN. 🙄

Didn't shave today due to a splint on my hand and wrist. Back to normal tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (24)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Gillette Silver Blue (7)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
A most satisfying shave this morning, topped with the Nivea 2 in 1 splash. Great aftershave: soothing, refreshing, with a bit of alcohol sting. Not much on the docket today, a trip to the post office is pretty much all I've got to do. Have a great day, Cadre!

• Sudsy Soapery's Unscented Tallow (25)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • C-1 Red Tip Gillette/Gillette Silver Blue (1)
  • Nivea 2 in 1 AS splash
Using the Nivea judiciously around Sheri. While it is virtually odorless, there is a pleasant aroma for about 5-10 minutes which I worry may cause her problems. Being extra careful because I ordered another bottle yesterday. :) Happy Friday, Cadre!

Back