The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Noble Otter Bare Unscented (1)
  • Rudy Vey 22mm synthetic Muhle knot
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
  • Harry's After-Shave balm
Fine shave this morning. First use of any Noble Otter product, and I'm impressed. It loaded easily with a damp brush, then bloomed into a thick and creamy lather with just a little drizzle of water. Creamy and thick lather usually has good cushion and glide, and this did not disappoint. Post-shave feel is slick and moisturized. A little pricey, but I think I'll be coming back to Bare in the future. In terms of its Unscented strength, Bare comes in at a solid 9.5 on a scale of 10 in the Unscent department, placing it up there with the best Unscented shaving soaps I have used. It's interesting to me that some soaps are more Unscented than others. Could it be that a very few source their Unscent from a higher-end product? I mean, this soap is so Unscented that no one can smell it! Good stuff.

• Noble Otter Bare Unscented (1)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (4)
Fine shave this morning. First use of any Noble Otter product, and I'm impressed. It loaded easily with a damp brush, then bloomed into a thick and creamy lather with just a little drizzle of water. Creamy and thick lather usually has good cushion and glide, and this did not disappoint. Post-shave feel is slick and moisturized. A little pricey, but I think I'll be coming back to Bare in the future. In terms of its Unscented strength, Bare comes in at a solid 9.5 on a scale of 10 in the Unscent department, placing it up there with the best Unscented shaving soaps I have used. It's interesting to me that some soaps are more Unscented than others. Could it be that a very few source their Unscent from a higher-end product? I mean, this soap is so Unscented that no one can smell it! Good stuff.

🤔

This may be new and groundbreaking for the shave world…a scale for the unscentedness of unscented products! 😂
15lojx.jpg

• Noble Otter Bare Unscented (3)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
I'm very much enjoying this setup - the lather is superb, the brush is excellent, the blade sharp, and the AS balm refreshing. It's all I need or want in a shave. I topped it off with a couple surreptitious spritzes of Cool Water, to match our 49F/9C rain and drizzle today. It's Thursday, the work week is almost over. :)

• Noble Otter Bare Unscented (3)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
I'm very much enjoying this setup - the lather is superb, the brush is excellent, the blade sharp, and the AS balm refreshing. It's all I need or want in a shave. I topped it off with a couple surreptitious spritzes of Cool Water, to match our 49F/9C rain and drizzle today. It's Thursday, the work week is almost over. :)
giphy-downsized.gif

• Noble Otter Bare Unscented (4)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (7)
A fine shave this morning. Temp dropped overnight down to 33F/~1C, and it's supposed to stay this way for several days. January. 😒

Back