The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Thanks, Chris. I occasionally succumb to temptation, but try to keep it to a minimum. It's hard, especially surrounded by people going down every rabbit hole out there.
We are not going down every hole. We got an auger for Christmas and we are digging rabbit holes for other. See we are charitable! Ya thats it

• LNHC Premium unscented (10)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (11)
  • Harry's After-Shave balm
Late afternoon shave for an evening get together tonight. May even spray some Cool Water...

• LNHC Premium unscented (11)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (12)
Last shave on this blade. Used it by mistake on Friday, it was fine so I used it again today. Ended up with the result I like, but it took a fair amount of buffing, so out it went.
Hope everyone had a safe, enjoyable night yesterday. The Zoom call was fun; hope you dropped in at some point and shared a laugh. Happy New Year, Cadre!

What about Canada Shaving Soap, Bruce? The reviews I have read are pretty much in agreement that it's a pretty good unscented soap. The price listed is in CAD$ and works out to around $30USD. It's supposed to be very MdC-like and last about 6 months or so.

• LNHC Premium unscented (13)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (2)
Nice early afternoon shave. It's a balmy 61F/16C here. It's been like this the past 4-5 days - a nice January break. Hope we're all having a fantabulous Wednesday. :)

• LNHC Premium unscented (14)
  • Rudy Vey 22mm synthetic Muhle knot
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (3)
Got a notion to use this old favorite brush for the first time in at least a couple years. It still works. Having a good Saturday, hope you are too.

Back