The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Today was the worst day of the year. I slept through two alarms and didn't have time to shave. Not only did I feel scruffy all day, I didn't get to crack open the tub of CBL Rosa Bourbonia, which has the most intoxicating rose aroma ever. I am not worthy. šŸ˜”

At least you got some rest! Must have needed it!
Sleeping through alarms. Calling out of work to write a paper. Sounds like college to me!
Nice to get the worst day of the year out of the way with 2/3 of the year left to enjoy !!!
Wow, you gentlemen are so darned positive! Couldn't you have just let me stew in my own misery? Today is better: I got up on time and enjoyed a nice, leisurely shave with the best smelling rose soap ever created. CBL soaps perform flawlessly, but we all know that. The aroma smells exactly like roses I grew years ago, before the deer caught a whiff and killed off the bushes. I'm already looking forward to tomorrow's shave. :love:
  • CBL Rosa Bourbonia
  • Rudy Vey 22mm Muhle STF
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#3)
  • WSP Mahogany AS

Wow, you gentlemen are so darned positive! Couldn't you have just let me stew in my own misery? Today is better: I got up on time and enjoyed a nice, leisurely shave with the best smelling rose soap ever created. CBL soaps perform flawlessly, but we all know that. The aroma smells exactly like roses I grew years ago, before the deer caught a whiff and killed off the bushes. I'm already looking forward to tomorrow's shave. :love:
  • CBL Rosa Bourbonia
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#3)
  • WSP Mahogany AS
Meh, ya caught us on an off day. šŸ¤Ŗ Nice rebound day and shave !

I was forced to buy a soap today. It's been bothering me that I have no soap to pair with my WSP Gaelic Tweed AS splash (bought during a SALE, which SAVED me money). Luckily, I was once again able to SAVE money, because LNHC is having a sale through the end of the month. Once again, with an eye on the family budget, I made, if I may say so myself, a shrewd economic move. Irish Green Tweed will arrive at my door sometime next week, I expect. This will be my first LNHC soap, and I'm looking forward to it. I'll use it after I'm done with CBL Rosa Bourbonia. So not only have I SAVED money, but I am supporting a TSC sponsor and small shop entrepreneur, as well as helping the American economy. It's a win-win-win-win. (y)

Today was the worst day of the year. I slept through two alarms and didn't have time to shave. Not only did I feel scruffy all day, I didn't get to crack open the tub of CBL Rosa Bourbonia, which has the most intoxicating rose aroma ever. I am not worthy. šŸ˜”

OMG ... that was my yesterday. Overslept and scruffy all day. I hate that.

FYI WSP has some Gaelic Tweed on clearance in the Rustic vegan formula. $10/tin. I got a Tobacco dented tin last week, the tin has a small dent but the soap inside is still fine!

• Chamber Roulette
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#6)
  • WSP Mahogany AS
Chamber soap is excellent, I'll have to post a review this weekend. Roulette is a woodsy flavor, don't ask me which trees. OK, it's not pine, that's certain. Excellent creamy lather, fine skin conditioning. Pairs perfectly with Mahogany splash. I'll be revisiting the store.
qA1H5N5xQT+XeNJKcnuQWA.jpg

The tub arrived 100% full.

• Chamber Roulette
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#1)
  • WSP Mahogany AS
This combination is working very well for me. Chamber's post shave feel/skin conditioning is excellent. I've decided to use the injector blades for a week, not two. While I can get good shaves for a few days past a week, it is more work and sometimes leads to patches of irritation. Today's shave was so smooth and effortless that I actually examined my razor to make sure there was a blade there. It's worth a little more money to me to enjoy shaves like that. Enjoy your shaves, Cadre!

Back