The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

giphy.gif

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. Much appreciated!

My last nursing class officially ends tomorrow, but all my work is submitted, so I'm done. Two electives and a 12 week project in front of me. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Been on jury duty since Thursday. Back at it tomorrow, and maybe Tuesday, but that should be it. I don't mind it, but they are long days.

Shaving is a pleasure again since going back to the Schick injector blades. The Supply blades tore me up, so they are history.

Awesome that you’re essentially wrapping up your program! So close!
Close, but the class starting tomorrow looks like a bear. What's an elective to me is an instructor's bread and butter, so I need to hit the ground running. At least, walking "briskly" with my cane... ;)

• QCS Queen Charlotte soap
  • Rudy Vey 22mm Muhle STF
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#11)
  • WSP Mahogany AS
Great shave this morning. I continue to love the G5; have used it continuously since Valentine's Day. QCS soap over half gone, it's my last of their product. Excellent soap, smells terrific. The Mahogany AS is new to me. It surprised me with its smokiness, a very strong smokiness that mellows to a sweet, smoky, rich, manly aroma. Love it.

Well I don’t know about using one razor through at lease two holidays, but I hope the class is going well.

• Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#10)
  • WSP Mahogany AS
Ho-hum, another very satisfying shave. This combo is serving me quite well. I've got about 3/8 of the QCS left (approximately), and it continues to please with its rich, creamy lather and great aroma.

School is going well so far. Two weeks of six are done; week 3 begins today. My recovery from surgery continues to progress: this weekend I started climbing up and down stairs at home without the cane. I'm very slow, but I'm OK with that. My legs are gradually getting stronger. It's all good.

Have a great day, Cadre. Enjoy your shaves!

Sounds good Bruce! Hope the pain is manageable.

Really have had no pain, except for the initial postop. My leg strength is my only concern now. Poor word choice, I'm not concerned, it's just what I'm working on. Climbed 60 stairs at work today without the cane (40, then 20 later). It's progress.

Tomorrow I'm playing hooky from paid work to work on a paper for school. It's sad that my life has come to this: calling off to do homework! 😔

fullsizeoutput_1e3.jpeg
  • Schick G5 SE/Schick blade (#1)
  • WSP Mahogany AS

Nearly out of the QCS. Couple weepers today because I didn't adjust my technique for the brand new blade. Going from day 14 to day 1 is a bit of a transition. I've settled on two weeks/blade; gives me great shaves throughout.

Good stuff Bruce; bummer about the weepers!

I’m over a week and a half now on the Supply blade and using the 1-dot plate, it’s just become comfortable after a handful of shaves, though not quite as sharp.

Back