The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• LNHC Artisan Shaving Soap Premium Formula unscented (19)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring/Kai blade (7)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Great shave this morning, cleaning off a weekend's worth of growth. Steelers showed a spark yesterday, but lost nonetheless. It's going to be a long season.

• LNHC Artisan Shaving Soap Premium Formula unscented (19)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring/Kai blade (7)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Great shave this morning, cleaning off a weekend's worth of growth. Steelers showed a spark yesterday, but lost nonetheless. It's going to be a long season.
I think the rookie quarterback shows promise. Who knows maybe it will be the spark they need!

• LNHC Artisan Shaving Soap Premium Formula unscented (20)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette Old type single ring/Kai blade (8)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Back on an earlier shave routine for now. Beautiful day here at 60F/16C and sunny. Steelers announced that the rookie QB will start this Sunday, thereby avoiding hordes of angry fans. We'll see how it goes.

• LNHC Artisan Shaving Soap Premium Formula unscented (21)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Merkur Progress/GSB blade (1)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Used up the soap today. I took the opportunity of a blade change to switch up razors to a new to me Mergress. I thought it might be a bit aggressive, but was quite mild on the lowest setting. I'll dial it up a bit tomorrow. Its nearly the weekend!

• CBL Soaps Hemp Formula unscented scraps (1)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Merkur Progress/GSB blade (2)
  • CBL Post Shave Tonic unscented
Eyeballed the blade gap wider today. Shave was excellent: considerably more efficient, with just one little tic to remind me to be careful. It didn't bleed, so all is well. Using up soap scraps before cracking the next soap open. The DSC post shave cream is done, so I'll be using the CBL post shave tonic till it's gone.

• CBL Soaps Hemp Formula unscented scraps (2)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Merkur Progress/GSB blade (3)
  • CBL After Shave Tonic unscented
Skipped shaving for a couple of days to give the Mergress a real test. With the setting on 1, which is relatively mild, the razor plowed through the whiskers with ease. The razor is a chunky little heavyweight, well balanced, and efficient. It's a pleasure to use.

Never tried the Progress or Mergress…but I think I’d agree with you, just because I often prefer heftier, solid built razors.

donut-simpson.gif

• Shannon's Soaps Nil unscented (1)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Merkur Progress/GSB blade (4)
  • CBL After Shave Tonic unscented
Last night's doughnuts were fresh and tasty - the company was good, too. The baseball playoffs continue, with my favored teams (Philiies, Houston, Cleveland, and San Diego) in the thick of things.

Back