The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Shannon's Soaps Nil unscented (8)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline blade (4)
  • CBL After Shave Tonic unscented
Extra close shave today, with an errant baby slice between nose and cheek. In a couple of hours, I'll be handing out candy to the neighborhood kids. I enjoy seeing the kids in their costumes and seeing neighbors. Some whom I remember bringing their kids are now bringing grandkids. :giggle:

• Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
Extra close shave today, with an errant baby slice between nose and cheek. In a couple of hours, I'll be handing out candy to the neighborhood kids. I enjoy seeing the kids in their costumes and seeing neighbors. Some whom I remember bringing their kids are now bringing grandkids. :giggle:
You’re getting on, my friend.

• Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
Want to see something scary? Our Steelers Offensive Line! BOOO!

Enjoy your Halloween!

• Shannon's Soaps Nil unscented (9)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline blade (5)
Wonderful shave today. Old wounds continue to heal, thanks in large measure to the underappreciated restorative properties of CBL After Shave Tonic. 😁

• Shannon's Soaps Nil unscented (11)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline blade (7)
This setup is as good as it gets, continuing to deliver consistently excellent shaves.

A funny thing happened to me yesterday. I got out the baby MacBook I'd set aside because of an expensive needed repair. A key was stuck somehow - not noticeably - and it was running on, making the laptop useless. An Apple Genius advised me about 11 months ago that I needed a $300+ new keyboard. Planning to bring it back to the store today, yesterday I plugged it in to charge. Eleven months of sitting idly by somehow magically fixed the run-on key, and it is working flawlessly. Plus, I saved $300+. Hey, look at me: I outsmarted a Genius!

• Shannon's Soaps Nil unscented (12)
  • Parker synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline blade (8)
Super clean, smooth shave this morning. I won't be shaving again till Sunday's Zoom call, when I'll attempt my first open blade shave live on your TV or device. Come one, come all! Please join in the fun. Starts 6pm eastern this Sunday evening.

Back