The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

I grew up outside of Philly - and my paternal grandmother is the one that taught me about sports. She was a naturalized citizen - she and my Grandpa moved here from Canada. She loved the Flyers and the Phillies - but we really never talked about football (so never really got into the Eagles). So when my family moved closer to Central PA - I continued on loving the Flyers and Phils - but all my friends where Steelers fans (didn’t hurt that this was the mid 70’s so the Steelers were rocking it at the time)…

I don’t know how my son became a Yankees fan - where we live - for sports - everyone is either a Baltimore Fan or a Pittsburgh fan (for both football and baseball). I guess I have failed 😂

I grew up outside of Philly - and my paternal grandmother is the one that taught me about sports. She was a naturalized citizen - she and my Grandpa moved here from Canada. She loved the Flyers and the Phillies - but we really never talked about football (so never really got into the Eagles). So when my family moved closer to Central PA - I continued on loving the Flyers and Phils - but all my friends where Steelers fans (didn’t hurt that this was the mid 70’s so the Steelers were rocking it at the time)…

I don’t know how my son became a Yankees fan - where we live - for sports - everyone is either a Baltimore Fan or a Pittsburgh fan (for both football and baseball). I guess I have failed 😂
Yankees got that America’s Team thing going on so it is not surprising.

I well remember that game. I lost a $2 bet. My friend was waiting at school for me to pay up. I was furious at Namath for beating them. After the game, I cut out a picture of Namath from the newspaper, stuck it on my dartboard, and hurled darts at it till my arm was sore.
Hard to get mad at Emerson Boozer, though.

He will always have a high place in The American Sports Pantheon.
Near the end of his Colts tenure, the Colts came to Boston to play the Patriots. It was at the old Harvard football field, with cold concrete seats. Colts had the ball and the lead late in the game, and were running out the clock. Mr Unitas threw a short pass to a wideout, who sprinted for a TD. I was at the game with my family, and it's a great memory.

Near the end of his Colts tenure, the Colts came to Boston to play the Patriots. It was at the old Harvard football field, with cold concrete seats. Colts had the ball and the lead late in the game, and were running out the clock. Mr Unitas threw a short pass to a wideout, who sprinted for a TD. I was at the game with my family, and it's a great memory.
Epic.

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (16)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 Aristocrat/Gillette Silver Blue blade (3)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
I'm digging the shaves and post-shave feel of this gear. May need to re-think my aversion to GSB blades. Definitely not going back to artisan AS, as the cheap stuff is working marvelously.

Back