The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (22)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 Aristocrat/Personna Super blade (2)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
I cannot use a Personna blade without this theme playing in my head:
It's been 50+ years since I first heard "Personna 74". Kudos to the ad people who created this persistent earworm. :cautious: Please forgive for my strong language, but darn them to Heck!

• CBL Soaps hemp base unscented (1)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 Aristocrat/Personna Super blade (4)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Cracked open a tub of CBL hemp base unscented today. Easily whipped up a luxuriant, thick lather and made quick work of my whiskers. Needless to say, the soap performed flawlessly, with a nice post-shave feel. Not much in store for today, some light yardwork and cleanup. Let's enjoy the weekend, Cadre! :)

Let me be the first to congratulate you on the Phils' win. A warning: beating minor leaguers does not necessarily qualify them for a World Series win.
I have to say I am really impressed with your shortstop - the dude is 6ā€™7ā€ and moves like a leopard and has a cannon for an arm. Heā€™s going to be a superstar I believe

I have to say I am really impressed with your shortstop - the dude is 6ā€™7ā€ and moves like a leopard and has a cannon for an arm. Heā€™s going to be a superstar I believe
Once he becomes a superstar or star, the Pirates will lose him to free agency. There is a long list of former Pirates around the league. We are effectively a farm club for the big boys in other cities.

But you have the best stadium in baseball - it is absolutely beautiful!
Yeah, it's a great ballpark. Tonight's game will start in daylight, and finish with the city lit up. It's awesome to see the transition. I root for the Pirates, which pretty much means I hope they do well. I'd LOVE for them to be successful again. This fan base deserves better. Let's face it, if the Rooney's or Lemieux were involved in ownership, they'd all be wearing rings. Pittsburgh fans are blessed with great football and hockey ownership, but cursed with the baseball ownership.

Back