The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Increased life expectancy isn’t necessarily on pace with life quality. A challenge I wish the medical community would embrace.
A valid point, Tony. A growing specialty within health care is gerontology, which seeks to maximize quality of life, while simultaneously mitigating disease progression. These are goals that are embraced by the insurance industry, since they ultimately save money.

A valid point, Tony. A growing specialty within health care is gerontology, which seeks to maximize quality of life, while simultaneously mitigating disease progression. These are goals that are embraced by the insurance industry, since they ultimately save money.
I appreciate the validation. Now, if I could convince the old farts in my Vet group that returning to their days of decadence at Woodstock is not a realistic expectation. Perhaps then, an honest and productive discussion can begin.

Now, if I could convince the old farts in my Vet group that returning to their days of decadence at Woodstock is not a realistic expectation. Perhaps then, an honest and productive discussion can begin.
I have no desire to return to my decadent youth. It was crazy, it was fun, and it was typical of that era. Those of us who survived eventually grew up and raised families. I enjoy the memories, and am still friends with a number of people from back then.

In my work I often see what happens to those of us who kept the lifestyle. It is not pretty, and can be remarkably debilitating. Unfortunately, some people missed the memo reminding us that it was time to be adults.

I have no desire to return to my decadent youth. It was crazy, it was fun, and it was typical of that era. Those of us who survived eventually grew up and raised families. I enjoy the memories, and am still friends with a number of people from back then.

In my work I often see what happens to those of us who kept the lifestyle. It is not pretty, and can be remarkably debilitating. Unfortunately, some people missed the memo reminding us that it was time to be adults.
Amen.

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (14)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette 1946-7 Aristocrat/Gillette Silver Blue blade (1)
  • DSC Post Shave Cream
Given the heavy growth, I decided to use a new blade. Haven't used GSB in years, as the giant gobs o' wax make me crazy. However, the blades are excellent, and I got a very comfortable BBS. My son has joined the dark side of fully bearded men, so he gave me his remaining gear which included a variety of single blades. I'll use his up for awhile, I suppose.

GSBs are indeed great blades! Very smooth! I have an extreme hatred of wax blobs too though. I deal with them a lot with Astras. I wish they would adjust it to at least be a smaller dot, or get rid of them completely.

Hint: Keep your pants on when protesting. ;)
giphy.gif

Back