The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (14)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (8)
  • LNHC Post Shave Elixir unscented
Busy morning with shaving, meetings, etc., barely time for coffee. So I sit here, cleanshaven, in another virtual meeting. This meeting, though sometimes lengthy, is always useful and interesting. Hope everyone is having a great day. :)

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (15)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (9)
Slower work day today. Quiet morning in the "office", which means the cats are elsewhere in the house. Got some fresh coffee brewed to enjoy. Have a wonderful Wednesday, Cadre! :)

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (17)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (1)
It's Friday! Nice late morning shave. See you around, and hopefully on the Sunday Zoom call. :)

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (18)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (2)
Satisfying shave this morning. Dissatisfying start for the local football team. See you around, and hopefully on tonight's Zoom call. :) (see above)

Last edited:
  • Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (19)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (3)
Smooth shave this Monday morning. Busy work day in front of me. Enjoyable visit on Zoom last night with people from around the forums. Looking forward to seeing you all again on the next Zoom, which looks to be New Year's. Should be fun. Have a great day, Cadre, as we draw closer to Christmas. :)

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (20)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (4)
***NEWS FLASH!! DEETS BELOW***

Nice shave this morning. Made a quick trip to the hospital to take care of some business, and meet with my nurse manager. She gave me a small Christmas gift: a lottery card potentially worth thousands, a candy cane, and a Ghiradelli peppermint chocolate bar. The lottery card didn't pay off, but the candy bar is delicious. She told me she will be managing an additional group of advanced practice nurses. They are in for a treat, as she is a very good manager in all respects. The manager she will replace, not so much.
So I'm in a meeting now. I consider this multitasking. My attendance is mandatory, but my participation is minimal. Mostly I sit and listen to others. Occasionally my input is needed, so I can't afford to nod off. The job I have is mostly cerebral, though it sometimes takes all of my people skills to encourage people to complete their required testing for their desired surgery. The process can be complicated, and some people are intractable, so bringing the person and the test together can be challenging.
Taking next week off. Counting the holidays and weekends, I'll string 10 days off while using just 4 days PTO (AL, or annual leave in federal jargon). Is this a great country or what?!

Great deets! Sounds like a good day, and if that lotto card comes through, potentially stupendous day! 😂
Taking next week off. Counting the holidays and weekends, I'll string 10 days off while using just 4 days PTO (AL, or annual leave in federal jargon). Is this a great country or what?!
So great when these types of weeks come along! Feels like you’re cheating the system and loving every minute!

Back