The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (21)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (5)
  • LNHC Post Shave Elixir unscented
Simple setup, but effective. I had already reduced my den to essentials, using just a handful of quality vendors' soaps (CBL, LNHC, Shannon's) and splashes (WSP, AV, CBL, LNHC). I was slowly, but steadily, reducing my soap stock from about a dozen to an eventual goal of 2-3. Splashes were reduced to two on hand. Now that I have been compelled to go unscented, soaps are at 4 (2 Shannon's, 2 CBL) and AS at 3 (2 LNHC, 1 CBL). I'll typically order in pairs to keep shipping costs down, leading to a small number of duplicates. Although, to hear my wife tell it ("How many unscented soaps do you need?"), anything more than one is too many. If I could go to Walgreen's and pick up these products, I would be able to reduce my stock even further. Once I have my den reduced to where I want it to be, perhaps I'll gather everything together and show it off. Got a few soaps to unload first.

Have a great day, Cadre.

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (22)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (6)
  • LNHC Post Shave Elixir unscented/CBL AS Tonic (unscented)
Last shave before vacation. I really should have included the CBL AS Tonic to my routine a few days ago when I started using it. I shave in the morning, use LNHC immediately post-shave, then apply the CBL in the evening. Both seem to have magical curative powers over irritation and nicks.
Let's all have a terrific Thursday, Cadre!

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (24)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (8)
Late Christmas morning shave today. My son, his GF, and Ziggy The Wonder Puppy will be coming over for dinner. I am expecting a lively time, as Ziggy brings the party with him. Merry Christmas, Cadre.

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (25)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (9)
First official day of vacation finds me up, though with a late shave. The soap is nearing the end of its useful life. Cannot decide whether or not to save the sliver for MSB6. Except for one soap, MSB6 would be unscented, and except for saving a little money, I'm disinclined to save the slivers. I'll use this till it becomes annoying, then decide.

Have a great day, Cadre!

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (27)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (1)
Forgot I was using a fresh blade and nipped myself on the chin and neck today. Oh well, nothing a little extra of the AS elixir and tonic can't handle. Here's hoping your shave was better than mine! 😀

Back