The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

I'm enjoying a No Shave Sunday today.
We had a fun evening with Ziggy The 50lb Wonder Puppy. Our youngest son and his GF went out to celebrate her birthday while we tried to keep Ziggy entertained. Our other son took ZT5lWP for a 2-mile walk to tire him out. It worked. Ziggy was settled in on the sofa with my wife and we were chilling. With the house being quiet, our bravest cat came out of hiding, they saw each other, and quiet time was over. The cat escaped unscathed, but Ziggy spent the next 2 hours looking for her.
783AA7D2-1969-4A45-BE6F-6B0F04D9959F_1_201_a.jpeg
This picture is a little deceiving as the chair is about 3/4-sized of a full-size model.
3ECB80EF-E5E5-4769-A531-A48AE1D4A66C_1_201_a.jpeg
This better shows him on a full-size sofa. Very sweet boy.

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (8)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (2)
  • LNHC Post Shave Elixir unscented
Monday rolls around too quickly. Nice weekend, capped off with an unlikely Steelers victory. Let's all have a great week, Cadre. :)
Go Steelers!

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (9)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (3)
And a fine good morning to you all, Cadre. This Tuesday morning finds me enjoying this setup, which again delivered a near flawless shave. Yesterday, two unscented soaps from CBL arrived. There are in his premium hemp base. When I showed them to my wife she asked, "How many unscented soaps do you need?" I can't win. I had already decided to keep my soap count very low, about one or two maybe a third tub, once I choose a couple of brands to use. I have four, two from @CBLindsay and two from Shannon's. I'll rotate them and when on the last one I'll order some more. I'm trying to fulfill my potential as a minimalist. :)

I had already decided to keep my soap count very low, about one or two maybe a third tub, once I choose a couple of brands to use. I have four, two from @CBLindsay and two from Shannon's. I'll rotate them and when on the last one I'll order some more. I'm trying to fulfill my potential as a minimalist. :)
I've tried to keep the soap den to a more minimalist number ever since getting it down from 50+ soaps and creams to 8. It slowly worked its way back up to around 8 "year-round" soaps and 7 "seasonal" which I feel is still a little high. Every time I use a CBL or Stirling soap, I wonder why I have anything else. Then I rotate in Seaforth Spiced or Macduffs Coast to Coast and I love them too. With so many fantastic artisans out there, it's a good problem to have!

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (9)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (3)
And a fine good morning to you all, Cadre. This Tuesday morning finds me enjoying this setup, which again delivered a near flawless shave. Yesterday, two unscented soaps from CBL arrived. There are in his premium hemp base. When I showed them to my wife she asked, "How many unscented soaps do you need?" I can't win. I had already decided to keep my soap count very low, about one or two maybe a third tub, once I choose a couple of brands to use. I have four, two from @CBLindsay and two from Shannon's. I'll rotate them and when on the last one I'll order some more. I'm trying to fulfill my potential as a minimalist. :)
Congratulations Bruce! You may indeed be the first shaver in history to be reprimanded by SWMBO for too many unscented soaps. It has to be someone right? 😂

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (10)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (4)
Happy Wednesday, Cadre. Mid-week finds me wishing for the weekend. Oh well, not yet. More work to be done. Have a good one, folks. :)

I guess the nighttime critters don't like your neighbourhood's garbage like they do the folks across the street. They put it out at night and most bags are shredded before 7am.... and they still put it out in the evening, even though they leave for work around 6:30am. :cautious:

Back