The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Happy Thanksgiving- I’m thankful that the Steelers aren’t the Browns 😂
With the two teams being competitive, maybe the old rivalry will reheat. It lost steam when Modell moved them to Baltimore, and has never been the same as it was in the 1970s & '80s.
I am an idiot. Happy Thanksgiving Bruce.
I've done the very same thing with someone else here! Although I think it may have been a birthday.

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (1)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (5)
  • LNHC Post Shave Elixir unscented
The order from Shannon's came a day early, so I pitched the scented soap I'd been using. If you've never tried Shannon's, you are missing out. Superior soap at a reasonable price.

Forgot to post a picture, for what it's worth. This is good stuff: cushion, glide, postshave feel are all there. No fragrance added, so this simply smells lightly like soap.
05B604DA-AB29-46B1-9C28-50226896A17B_1_201_a.jpeg
I'll be adding some CBL unscented to the den, and perhaps another brand if I can find it in a base I like.

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (2)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (6)
Nice Saturday shave to continue the long weekend. Looking forward to college football today (go Michigan!), and NFL tomorrow with a critical Steelers' game. Football aside, there will be minor chores to take care of, but nothing of consequence. Let's all have a great Saturday, Cadre. :)

Got the result I'd hoped for in the Michigan game. Now if the Steelers can bring home a win from Cincy, I'll be quite pleased. Youngest son stopped by with his puppy, who stole my wife's salmon dinner when her back was turned. Playing fetch with an 8 month pit bull indoors makes for exciting action. Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend.

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (3)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (7)
Smooth shaving this morning. My favorite football team stunk up the field in Cincinnati so badly I did not watch the second half. No playoffs this year, I'm afraid. They are not mathematically eliminated, but in practical terms they are. There are a dozen AFC teams with better records with a better chance of qualifying. Oh well, next year. ;) Have a great Monday, Cadre!

• Shannon's Soaps Nil (unscented) (3)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (7)
Smooth shaving this morning. My favorite football team stunk up the field in Cincinnati so badly I did not watch the second half. No playoffs this year, I'm afraid. They are not mathematically eliminated, but in practical terms they are. There are a dozen AFC teams with better records with a better chance of qualifying. Oh well, next year. ;) Have a great Monday, Cadre!
Sorry your team didn’t make it Bruce!

Back