The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Stirling Nag Champa (14)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Stainless (3)
  • CBL Skin Tonic unscented
Steelers did not disappoint. Bears' QB Justin Fields is going to be a good player once he has more experience. The game got worrisome towards the end, but my favorite football team prevailed. Steelers are back in the playoff hunt. Happy Tuesday, Cadre.

I knew as soon as we were going to have to defend that lead in the 2 minute drill there was no hope. Bears gonna find a way to Bears every year I tell you!
You've got an exciting young quarterback. It didn't hurt the Steelers any that Khalil Mack didn't play - Ben was relatively unharassed.

• Stirling Nag Champa (16)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Stainless (5)
Happy Friday, Cadre. Weird. This feels like a one-day work week. I need some Janis.
I've got nothing to follow that.

Last edited:
  • Stirling Nag Champa (18)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Stainless (2)
Lots of garden gnomes around my neighborhood! I have many interesting neighbors to meet. Should be a very merry Christmas season this year. My shave was fine.

• Stirling Nag Champa (19)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Stainless (3)
Chilly day here. Winter is on the horizon, but fortunately it ends about the same time each spring. The only positive about this season (other than holidays) is football season. Usually the Steelers provide entertaining football, but this past weekend's sloppy game was frustrating. Neither team wanted the win, apparently. Oh well, better than a loss.

On a positive, more hopeful note, many more garden gnomes have been spotted around the neighborhood. 😍

• Stirling Nag Champa (20)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Stainless (4)
Typical Wednesday morning. I changed my avatar to a more seasonal photo of a turkey strutting down the street in front of my neighbor's home. Speaking of neighbors, a troubling development has occurred. The other "gnome lovers" in my neighborhood community have begun to trek to my door (I don't even have a garden gnome) in some kind of pilgrimage to introduce themselves. We have very welcoming neighbors! Now my wife and I are sorting through all the invitations to "get to know you" parties to which we have been invited. Time permitting, I'll report back.

Back