The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Stirling Nag Champa (21)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Stainless (5)
  • CBL Skin Tonic unscented
The Nag Champa is holding on strong - looks to be about halfway used up. Will I get 40 shaves from it? Seems possible, even likely. Digging the soap's warm tones. While reading up on it, I learned it originated in India, where it's said to be popular. It's also the best selling incense flavor worldwide. Who am I to ignore the tastes of people the world over? Good stuff.

• CBL Master Barber Steel Grey Fougere (1)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (1)
  • LNHC Post Shave Elixir unscented
After the Shaving Disaster of a couple days ago that left my wife breathless and me bloodied, I switched up a bunch of stuff. The SuperMax Stainless blades do not agree with me; the SuperMax Platinum are more to my liking. Since I only have the stainless on hand, I decided to go back to the trusty G type. I picked the weakest scented soap I have (she nixed MWF!) and went to work. Decent shave that reminded me how fun injector shaving can be.

Hopefully, this soap won't aggravate my wife's asthma. I have unscented soaps en route from both CBL and Shannon's Soaps.

• CBL Master Barber Steel Grey Fougere (2)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (2)
Second day with this setup, and it delivered. While I hesitate to describe my shave as "velveteen" (I think @jgreenepa has copyrighted that term), it was an excellent shave.

Steelers aren't looking so good about now. Defensive injuries are having an effect. Bengals up next - that'll be a test.

• CBL Master Barber Steel Grey Fougere (3)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (3)
Good day, Cadre! Nearly forgot to post this morning's shave for those of you who are waiting with bated breath. Cold, sunny day in western PA. A day of remote meetings in store for me. See you around. :)

• CBL Master Barber Steel Grey Fougere (3)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Schick injector type G/Schick blade (3)
Good day, Cadre! Nearly forgot to post this morning's shave for those of you who are waiting with bated breath. Cold, sunny day in western PA. A day of remote meetings in store for me. See you around. :)
Our Steelers need some help!

Back