The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• LNHC Isle of Skye (4)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax Platinum Plus (4)
  • AV Ice Blue splash
This setup is working quite well. Very pleasantly surprised with the AV splash - works well, pleasant aroma, and it does not bother my wife's respiratory system. Could be a keeper. Enjoy your shaves, Cadre.

• LNHC Isle of Skye (5)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax Platinum Plus (5)
  • AV Ice Blue splash
Refreshing shave this morning. Today is the 52nd anniversary of Apollo 11's moon landing, as well as Bezos' suborbital space flight. Pretty cool.

• LNHC Isle of Skye (7)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax Platinum Plus (2)
  • AV Ice Blue splash
I now have conclusive evidence that AV is safe to use around my better half. Just moments after splashing it on, my wife and I shared the same room. Not a wheeze or cough was heard. Definitely a keeper. My theory is that artisans use more fragrance to make the scent last. AV has never tried to do that. They have perfected the AS that smells good for a few minutes, then dissipates. At some point I will try Skin Bracer to see if Sheri can tolerate that. While I miss the great scents I once favored, I have concluded that it is better if my wife can breathe. Must be the nurse in me.

• LNHC Isle of Skye (7)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax Platinum Plus (2)
  • AV Ice Blue splash
I now have conclusive evidence that AV is safe to use around my better half. Just moments after splashing it on, my wife and I shared the same room. Not a wheeze or cough was heard. Definitely a keeper. My theory is that artisans use more fragrance to make the scent last. AV has never tried to do that. They have perfected the AS that smells good for a few minutes, then dissipates. At some point I will try Skin Bracer to see if Sheri can tolerate that. While I miss the great scents I once favored, I have concluded that it is better if my wife can breathe. Must be the nurse in me.
Well at least Aqua Velva is one of the GOAT scents.

If you want a "Bright" citrusy AS that doesn't hang around. 4711 would be one to look at. Just a thought. If you haven't tried it already. AV is a classic.
Fluffy

Well at least Aqua Velva is one of the GOAT scents.
I agree. Time-tested.
If you want a "Bright" citrusy AS that doesn't hang around. 4711 would be one to look at. Just a thought. If you haven't tried it already. AV is a classic.
Fluffy
I might revisit that - it's been awhile for me.
  • LNHC Isle of Skye (9)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax Platinum Plus (4)
  • AV Ice Blue splash

Last edited:
Back