The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Shannon's Soaps Coconut Lime (10)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax Platinum (5)
  • AV Ice Blue splash
I've enjoyed this setup these past few days in northern Michigan. Good family fun at the annual family corn roast and gathering of much of the clan. The almost 8-hr drive seems shorter each time I drive it. Looking forward to seeing them all again in the fall. Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th! I'm off work this week, making it a Cadre Week for me! ;)

• Shannon's Soaps Coconut Lime (11)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax Platinum (1)
  • AV Ice Blue splash
Great shave this morning as I enjoy my free time. Light chores for today and the rest of the week. Some bike riding when it cools down a bit. Have a great day, Cadre!

• Shannon's Soaps Coconut Lime (15)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax Platinum (5)
  • AV Ice Blue splash
Last shave with this soap: the donut ring broke up and it annoys me to chase slivers of soap around. Into the MSB mix it goes. Don't yet know what soap I'll use next. I'll pick one out later. Good shave of two days' growth. Happy Tuesday, Cadre!

• LNHC Isle of Skye (1)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax Platinum Plus(1)
  • LNHC unscented Post Shave Elixir
The scent of this soap is hard to describe. It has citrus, lavender, black pepper, oakmoss, fir balsam, and oud. It has a light lavender-forward vetivery scent to my undiscerning nose. Of course @LNHC 's soaps are fantastic performing soaps. This is the sheep milk formula from a year or so ago. The post shave elixir required 3 pumps for my face and neck, absorbs quickly, and my skin feels moisturized. I couldn't be happier with the shave.

Back