The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• LNHC Isle of Skye (14)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax Platinum Plus (4)
  • AV Ice Blue splash
Quick shave before running out to the ballgame. Tied 2-2 with Phillies going into bottom 9th, Pirates open with a hit, and he scores in short order, making for a happy sellout crowd. Plus we got yellow Hawaiian shirts with black Ps all over them.
Ya Baby!!

pirate.png

The Phillies aim to please ……………fans of every team they play 😂
Yeah, the Phillies' bullpen did not disappoint. Well, not on this end of the state. ;) Last night was my token appearance at PNC Park. I'm good for a couple seasons now. As the Pirates strive to be average (yet again), I try to strike a balance between support and registering discontentment with the product on the field. It's best to not have unrealistic expectations, and hope is futile.

• CBL Orange Dirt
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax Platinum Plus (5)
  • AV Ice Blue splash
Switched soaps as the Isle of Skye was down to slivers. The CBL always delivers a superb lather in every respect. This iteration is more dirt than orange, but it's a good scent nonetheless. A couple splashes of AV and I'm good to go. (y)

• CBL Orange Dirt (2)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Platinum Plus (1)
  • AV Ice Blue splash
Refreshing shave this morning. Every time I use a CBL soap, I marvel at how easy it is to make great lather. I'd have to call it a user-friendly soap. I'm beginning to appreciate the simplicity of using AV after each shave. In addition to being a decades-long tradition, it doesn't affect my wife's breathing, I like its clean smell, and it lingers just long enough.

Hmmm... AV Ice Blue has been around since at least 1935, from what I gather from looking. One source suggested since 1917, but that may be when the original company was formed. Regardless, the stuff's been around forever. No doubt they've tinkered with the original formula to adjust to changing tastes. I could care less what it may have smelled like before; I like it just fine as it is today. 😀

• CBL Orange Dirt (4)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/SuperMax Platinum Plus (3)
  • AV Ice Blue splash
Spruced up for the ceremonies in Canton today. With Cowher, Polamalu, Donnie Shell, and Bill Nunn (pro scout extraordinaire)going in today, and Faneca going in for the class of 2021, it'll be a Steelers' festival in Ohio this weekend, and we'll be there with our Terrible Towels. It's becoming a family tradition. Lots of fun, lots of memories and stories shared from the stage. Good family fun with my sons and DIL. :)

Back