The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

Tuesday evening, 6/15/21:
  • CBL Master Barber Smoked Bay Rhum (16)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax stainless (1)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
Today:
  • CBL Master Barber Smoked Bay Rhum (17)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax stainless (2)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
The more I use Chris's AS tonic, the better I like it. Absorbs quickly and leave my skin totally refreshed. Good stuff. Enjoy your shaves, Cadre!

"Blue Dart Champion"? Is the second word misspelled, @CVargo ? ;)

Check Urban Dictionary ;-)
Ohhh. From the Urban Dictionary:
A "blue dart backdraft" can be fatal. "according to some questionable research....is when the blue dart is retracted back into the lower intestine. igniting the remaining methane gas in your bowels. therefore essentially cooking your insides. until you die!"

Never had the backdraft problem, no doubt due to the force of the escaping gas. This particular release was a real sphincter-flapper.

• CBL Master Barber Smoked Bay Rhum (21)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax stainless (1)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
Smooth shave today. The soap has served me well, but it's become officially annoying whipping up a lather from what remains. Time to switch - new soap tomorrow. And in a departure from my norm (such as it is!), it'll be a season-appropriate flavor. Enjoy your shaves, Cadre!

• Shannon's Soaps Cocoanut Lime (1)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Gillette '46/7 Aristocrat/Supermax stainless (2)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
As I prepare to take the week of the 4th off for a family gathering in Michigan, this is the beginning of my summer. And I'm actually using a summertime scent. Have a great weekend, Cadre!

Back