The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another Shaving Journal

• Shannon's Soaps Lavender Lemongrass (11)
  • Maggard tuxedo synthetic
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (1)
  • LNHC unscented AS elixir
Happy Wednesday, Cadre. Today I sampled LNHC's post shave elixir to compare with CBL's unscented. LNHC's is thicker, and comes with a pump. CBL's is milk, and you pour it from the reducer on the bottle. Both absorb quickly, leaving my skin soft and dry. The verdict? A tie in my book. Kind of a cowardly choice, but I can honestly state that I'd be equally happy with either, so I'll keep both on hand. Good stuff.

• Shannon's Soaps Lavender Lemongrass (11)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (1)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
The more I use this soap, the better I like it. I love a good lemon-scented soap, and this is it, as far as I'm concerned.

Missed last night's Zoom call because of the President's speech. Bummer.

• Shannon's Soaps Lavender Lemongrass (12)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (2)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
Sweet shave this morning. Hope you're in the mood for some Van Morrison. Here are two songs from his voluminous catalog:. 🎷🎼

Turn it up!

• Shannon's Soaps Lavender Lemongrass (13)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (3)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
After not shaving this weekend, for reasons, it felt good to clean up my face and neck this morning. Flawless shave, and I am smooth and clean. Have a great Monday, Cadre!

• Shannon's Soaps Lavender Lemongrass (15)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (5)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
Extra close, uncomfortable shave today. I think my lather was subpar this morning, leaving me with little cushion. Operator error.

• Shannon's Soaps Lavender Lemongrass (15)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (5)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
Extra close, uncomfortable shave today. I think my lather was subpar this morning, leaving me with little cushion. Operator error.

q_ybPY.gif

• Shannon's Soaps Lavender Lemongrass (16)
  • Stirling Travel Bowl
  • Blackland Vector/Schick Proline (6)
  • CBL unscented AS tonic
Nice shave today - much better than yesterday's. It's Friday, time for music. Here are covers of songs that outshine (IMO) the originals:

All-star lineup with Prince stealing the show. Doesn't Dhani Harrison look just like his dad?
If "Stairway to Heaven" doesn't get you bopping along to the music, check your pulse. I grew very tired of the original (you wouldn't BELIEVE how much radio play this got when it was a hit back in high school), but I absolutely love this Heart/orchestral version. It rocks. Enjoy your weekend, Cadre!

Back